How OperationRange works?

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on June 10th, 2023, 6:53 pm
OperationRange is supposed to define how far a fighter goes from its parent, but I don't seem to manage to make it work.

I have two different fighters on the same carrier, one with no OperationRadius defined (so it's supposed to be 1000) and one with OR = 2400. But they only circle around the carrier on the same radius. Shouldn't the second batch of fighters circle on a bigger radius circle around the parent?
posted on June 10th, 2023, 9:05 pm
I'm not totally sure, but I think operationrange determines when the fighters break off their attack and return to the carrier due to their target flying too far away. The way that they circle should be defined in the physics file for fighter movement...I think.
posted on June 19th, 2023, 1:37 am
Tryptic is correct It is not the circling distance, but the maximum distance the fighter is allowed to stray from the carrier during attacks. The movement physics partly controls the flight path, but circling distance is controlled by the class (fighter, destroyer, etc).