Help with spotlight beams

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on June 8th, 2017, 8:38 am
I've always liked those light beams on the Antares yard, it somehow made those spotlights come to life, rather than the simple lightmap of the model.

I've tried to give this kind of beam also to a workbee SOD I'm working on, but somehow the cylinder mesh that uses the effect_falloff1.tga does not become transparent in game, but stays black.

the mesh is simply called "lights", the joint "m_lights" and the assigned material is "!phong_lights_!additive", although I've also tried to name it "!lambert_lights_!additive". Ambient and Specular are at 0 and Diffusive and Emissive at 255. I'm working with Milkshape 3D, if that matters.

The Guide doesn't really go into detail here and I don't know what I'm missing, so I'd really appreciate some help.

(The Guide also says nothing about race symbols in the Admirals Log, how to make a new cursor for a race, or how to make race symbols for the interface - it was not so hard to figure out, but I wish I could've just looked it up somewhere.)