Does the AI recognizes spawning items in the AIP?

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on August 20th, 2017, 5:18 pm
I'm starting to work on the AI for my mod so expect a lot of AI questions :sweatdrop:

The AI will use a replaceweapon to create something new. I made it use the weapon but I do not know if the AI will recognize this in the AIP file. If I assign a new tech level to this replaced ODF, will the AI recognize that it already has it like it does with the mining station freighters?
posted on August 22nd, 2017, 4:40 am
yes, if the object is created through other means, the AI will still detect it and act accordingly. The AI won't use replaceweapons as an action, but the replacementinstantAI command will activate and replace the object, and replacementinstantdelay will delay it a little.

A quick example of this would be, in Tryptic's Mod I have a few ships that automatically replace themselves after being built, but I use replacementinstantdelay so that the ship will travel out of the yard before it replaces, instead of replacing in the yard which will cause it to "teleport" out.