Cursor Render error

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on January 25th, 2017, 10:48 pm
I get this trying to play normal FO. The Classic A2 mod works just fine. Is this a driver issue or because I'm on a windows 8 Tablet. My actual computer is in the shop ATM it runs windows 10 and gets the same problem.

Another question very off topic but...I've been trying to get the mining freighter for the Federation to mine more than 15 units of resources at a time. Reducing the shot delay worked but my goal was for a temporary cheat that would mine an entire moon/planet/nebula in one orbit. I created new mining weapons but no matter what I did it only extracted 15 units per shot. Best I can tell all the mining weapons referred to "minebm.odf" but even when i changed the damage in that file it still did 15 units. Is this number hard coded or something?
posted on January 26th, 2017, 9:31 pm
Don't know about the cursor, but for mining you want all_mine_dilithium.odf, all mine_dilithiumo.odf, all_mine_tritanium.odf, and all_mine_tritaniumo.odf. The ones ending with o need to have their damagebase value increased. The ones that don't end in o are where you would change range and time between shots. You'll also want to go to the mining ship's ODF and increase the amount of dilithium and tritanium (or rather latinum) it can carry by adjusting the value of maxdilithium and maxlatinum. Lastly, the FO resource moons don't run out so you can't mine them away.

If you're talking about A2 or the Classic Mod instead of FO, then it's basically the same thing, but you would increase the damage on minebm.odf's ordnance file and increase the value of not just maxdilithium and maxlatinum, but also the other max[resource] lines present in the mining ship's ODF.
posted on January 27th, 2017, 3:45 am
I can't do anything with Normal FO. I get that cursor error when I try to roll over an avatar to select it so I can't even begin a match. I've tried changing the damage in the minebm.odf but it still takes just 15 units.
posted on January 27th, 2017, 3:45 am
I can't do anything with Normal FO. I get that cursor error when I try to roll over an avatar to select it so I can't even begin a match. I've tried changing the damage in the minebm.odf but it still takes just 15 units.
posted on January 27th, 2017, 7:07 am
That's odd. i know changing the damage increased the mining rate in A1. The Guide doesn't have an entry for the minebm classlabel so I don't really know where to go from here. Maybe double check that you don't have a duplicate minebm.odf somewhere in the ODF folder?
posted on January 27th, 2017, 12:42 pm
I couldn't find a duplicate minebm.odf, I've changed the mineDilithium.odf, mineLatinum.odf and orbitalbeam.odf but the damage does not increase as far as I can tell. I've been using the second Federation mission 'Lifelines' to quickly test the freighter because the map loads three of them at your base. I wondered if I had to use built ones to get the increased mining rate but that didn't work either. The only odf files I haven't changed are the mining beams for the borg. They say 15 and 70 for Dilithium and metal respectively. When I tried removing the 'minebm' classlabel I got a instacrash when using the miner. I also tried using the #include line but either I put it in wrong or it didn't work either.
posted on January 27th, 2017, 2:07 pm
It's a bit confusing to find (sorry!), but relevant information can be found on this page:

http://guide.fleetops.net/guide/modding ... /freighter

Hooray for 'lifespan' getting commandeered like that...
posted on January 27th, 2017, 2:40 pm
Sorry but that didn't help much either. This is the weapon odf from the list on the freighter.

//Name of the ODF file for the ordinance for this weapon
ordName = "mineDilithium"

//Display name for this weapon
wpnName = "Mining Beam"
tooltip = "Mining Beam"
verboseTooltip = "WRITE ME"

//Time Delay between shots
shotDelay = 1.5

//This doesn't show on the speed rail
buttonSlot = 0

//It is a special weapon
special = 1

// Range within which the weapon will fire.
range = 180.0f

//Sound which is played when the weapon fires
fireSound = "msmine.wav"

//Programming Stuff DO NOT CHANGE
classLabel = "cannon"

//The crew status (yellow or red) does NOT affect the weapon fire rate
crewAffectsWeaponDelay = 0

animateOwner = 1

This is the ordnance file

classLabel = "minebm"

//The number of units which are subtracted from the Special Energy Reserve
specialEnergyCost = 0

//Amount of dilithium removed from the moon per hit
damageBase = 500 (This should change the amount of resource extracted per hit, but I just tested it and it doesn't work)

//Amount of time before the ordnance expires
lifeSpan = 1.25

//How fast the shot moves
shotSpeed = 100

// Weapon geometry file name
shotGeometry = "wmbeam.sod"

// The target range
targetRange = 400.0f

// Radius scale
radiusScale = 2.5

// Length scale
lengthScale = 5

// Ignore the shield
ignoreShield = 1

This is the minebm.odf

classLabel = "minebm"

//The number of units which are subtracted from the Special Energy Reserve
specialEnergyCost = 0

//Amount of dilithium removed from the moon per hit
damageBase = 500 (As you can see the damage is the same as the weapon ord file but the weapon still only gets 15 units per hit)

//Amount of time before the ordnance expires
lifeSpan = 1.25

//How fast the shot moves
shotSpeed = 100

// Weapon geometry file name
shotGeometry = "wmbeam.sod"

// The target range
targetRange = 400.0f

// Radius scale
radiusScale = 2.5

// Length scale
lengthScale = 5

// Ignore the shield
ignoreShield = 1

If I understand correctly, in normal A2 the weapon.odf would refer back to the ordnance file in this case, minedilithium.odf, which should change the damagebase. Like the TechTree files where the mission TT refers to TT1 for everything but exclusions. There must be another file somewhere that is telling the game to only mine 15 units at a time.

I increased the freighter's capacity and that worked just fine. It's the mining beam that's messing me up.
posted on January 27th, 2017, 2:47 pm
Mining rate has nothing to do with damagebase - explained in the links...
posted on January 27th, 2017, 2:52 pm
Oh, so its the moon/planet/nebula itself that dictates the mining rate?

Edit: Wait I figured it out. Use the Miningmultiplyer command to increase the rate without doing it for every planet and faction.

Edit: mining multiplyer only works for planets for moons and nebulas i use "lifespan" and when combined with a shorter time delay increases the mining rate. So Lifespan of 20 means 20 seconds of mining at 15 per second, stacks with a 10 second shot delay and i double the mining rate every ten seconds. So each shot stacks on top of the last one and the rate increases exponentially
posted on January 28th, 2017, 2:47 am
ok I figured it out. Now if I can get past the cursor render error in stock FO...