Crashing with the Babylon 5 Mod

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
1, 2
posted on January 25th, 2015, 7:01 pm
Back in the day I played the Babylon 5 mod for Star Trek Armada 2. I would love to relive that experience!

B5 Mod: http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Babyl ... a_II;20790

I attempted to install Vanilla Armada and install b5 to it, but the game would crash once I chose a map. Then I applied a bunch of updates, and the game would load in black. Clearly the game wasn't having fun with a more modern system.

I next installed Fleet Operations, created the Mods folder, and dumped b5 in there. FO switches to the mod just fine, but crashes once you start a game.

Finally, I installed one b5 mod patch to the folder, and now the mod just hard crashes when you switch to the mod. (a lot of errors come up, then the game shuts down, all very quickly)

Is there a more specific way I should be installing everything? Should I

Install ST Armada 2
Install the patches
Install FO
Install B5 Mod
Install B5 Patches

Or is this just a dead mod altogether?
posted on January 25th, 2015, 7:22 pm
You'll probably have to...

1) Install FO
2) Install the STA2 Classic Mod into the Mods folder
3) Install the B5 mod over the Classic Mod

That will probably let you play the mod.
posted on January 25th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Cabal, thanks for the tip, i'll try that.

This is the mod correct? http://www.moddb.com/games/star-trek-ar ... a2-classic
posted on January 25th, 2015, 7:39 pm
That's the one.
posted on January 25th, 2015, 8:20 pm
That almost works! Thank you!

Both the b5 and the 2nd patch work fine, so thats very exciting :) The game load sup and all.

The only issue is all the textures are missing:

Anyone ever see this in another mod perhaps?
posted on January 25th, 2015, 8:36 pm
Go to where you installed the B5 mod and check its Textures folder. If there is a sub-folder labeled RGB, cut and paste everything from it into the main Textures folder.
posted on January 25th, 2015, 11:17 pm
Yup, that worked too! Besides some weird whiny noises, the game is fully playable.

Thanks a lot for your help, and i'm also very glad this FO mod exists to make the game playable in general!
posted on January 26th, 2015, 12:13 am
No problem. I've now also converted the mod to a FO mod module. All it requires is FO 3.2.7 and an unmodified version of the Classic Mod.

Babylon 5 Armada II - Dropbox - 108.34 MB
posted on January 26th, 2015, 2:46 am
@Cabal: I'm ashamed to admit that I've never once played the B5 mod :blush: Thanks to your efforts I shall give it a go.

@MintyAnt: I had some weird sound issues as well when I did my mod (screeches, whines and such.) Try copying the following values from the FO v3.2.7 audio.odf into your audio.odf file in the odf/others directory to overwrite the originals. I don't recall the Classic Mod having these changes so check first. Be sure to back yours up in just in case:

distancefactor = 1.0
dopplerfactor = 0.01
rollofffactor = 0.1
minimumdistance3d = 100.0
maximumdistance3d = 100000000.0
samplerate = 22050
bitspersample = 16
streambufferlength = 2.0
streambuffersections = 2
posted on January 31st, 2015, 9:53 am
im actually quite supprised and glad how many downloads the classic mod has but just for further help on using old mods in fo use the tutorial here
http://guide.fleetops.net/guide/modding ... rt-from-a2
posted on June 5th, 2015, 11:24 pm
Hi. I am not that great with computers, sad I know. I have been playing fleet ops for a while and love it but B5 is my fav. I installed it for Armada 2 and the ships are great but the graphics and game play in fleet ops are far superior. Is there a mod for fleet ops, I would love to use B5 races in the fleet ops format. I would appreciate any suggestions, thanks!
posted on June 6th, 2015, 7:09 am
Hi. Click here to download a nice Babylon 5 mod for Fleet Operations:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1YJfll ... edit?pli=1

You can read more about this mod here:

//www.fleetops.net/forums/modsinpr ... abylon%205

On the other side, I played the Babylon 5 mod for ST Armada 2. And it's a nice mod and works for me without any problems.

An yes, you have to try this Babylon 5 conversion for Fleet Operations :-)

Attachments

MenuScreen.JPG
menu screen
MenuScreen.JPG (81.12 KiB) Viewed 2178 times
posted on June 6th, 2015, 5:49 pm
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. Will get to work and try it out.
posted on June 6th, 2015, 6:34 pm
Im having trouble getting this to work. Does it need a patch? Sorry Im not that tech savy.
posted on June 7th, 2015, 8:17 am
Hi.

The Babylon 5 Mod for FO, you have to unzip in the Fllet Operations/Data/Mods folder where is your unzipped B5 mod with the folder name -Fleet -

Then, start your FO game ---> Options ---> Mod Settings --->Unnamed Expansion Mod (That is the B5 mod)

Good Hunting :-)
1, 2