Crash Without A Bug Report

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
1, 2
posted on September 5th, 2019, 6:12 pm
rifraf wrote::lol: :blink: :o :ermm:
I'll refer you to here: https://www.copyright.gov/title17/

You'll recognize it as I've sent it to you before regarding the Upgrade Project mod Jetnova/Jemezu/USSJasmine.

And again for reference: Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.

It does not have to be licensed or registered with the copyright office. Registration is voluntary. Though you already know this due to your considerable stature in Washington DC.

Oh, and a Judges court ruling in California does not a national/federal ruling make.


One I made not Jetnova/Jemezu or any of those people. I don't even know who they are so I can prove on both accounts that you're a damn liar. And as A Follow of Jesus Christ and an obeyed of the Ten Commandment and holding true to my primary one I live by: "Thou Shall Not Lie" I know that I'm not who you're accusing me to be because if I was I would admit it for then that would be following the Laws Of Jesus Christ.

Two you're using a source from 2016! Guess what that's three years ago and the United States Supreme Court in this year of our Lord 2019 declared Mods as Free Use under the Copyright Law which gives users the fair use to re-release the work of others as long as they include the Original ReadMe Files. This law was made to modify the old one because many mods aren't being able to be released because their creators are either dead, not modding anymore or uncontactable making it impossible to release new Mods for you can't get permission from a Dead person, a person whose email address doesn't work and bounces back an unsendable alert. So to combat this the law was modified to transfer Mods copyright status to Fair Use. The judges on the United States of America Supreme Court can confirm all of this.
posted on September 5th, 2019, 6:25 pm
Well, this thread escalated quickly... :lol:

Modding sites often have their own rules regarding reuse of other modders' work in your mods without their permission, and are perfectly capable of banning you for breaking said rules. US law simply doesn't apply to this fact, unless you can provide a source saying the supreme court ruled that sites can't ban their users. :rolleyes:

Also, I'm honestly a little surprised (but only a little) that somebody would judge modders so harshly for creating and releasing mods in their own free time. It's not their job, and many modders simply can't commit months of their free time to testing one mod before releasing it.
posted on September 5th, 2019, 6:46 pm
rifraf wrote::lol: :blink: :o :ermm:
I'll refer you to here: https://www.copyright.gov/title17/

You'll recognize it as I've sent it to you before regarding the Upgrade Project mod Jetnova/Jemezu/USSJasmine.

And again for reference: Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.

It does not have to be licensed or registered with the copyright office. Registration is voluntary. Though you already know this due to your considerable stature in Washington DC.

Oh, and a Judges court ruling in California does not a national/federal ruling make.


I knew it! :lol:

Glad to see you back Jet!

USSJasmine wrote:One I made not Jetnova/Jemezu or any of those people. I don't even know who they are so I can prove on both accounts that you're a damn liar. And as A Follow of Jesus Christ and an obeyed of the Ten Commandment and holding true to my primary one I live by: "Thou Shall Not Lie" I know that I'm not who you're accusing me to be because if I was I would admit it for then that would be following the Laws Of Jesus Christ.

Two you're using a source from 2016! Guess what that's three years ago and the United States Supreme Court in this year of our Lord 2019 declared Mods as Free Use under the Copyright Law which gives users the fair use to re-release the work of others as long as they include the Original ReadMe Files. This law was made to modify the old one because many mods aren't being able to be released because their creators are either dead, not modding anymore or uncontactable making it impossible to release new Mods for you can't get permission from a Dead person, a person whose email address doesn't work and bounces back an unsendable alert. So to combat this the law was modified to transfer Mods copyright status to Fair Use. The judges on the United States of America Supreme Court can confirm all of this.


Man now I am sure that you're Jetnova! This style is unmistakable! Of course you could still convince us otherwise if you would tell us what your previous usernames were. But I already got you here:
USSJasmine wrote:I don't even know a Jetnova, I was part of the Starbase34 modding team at a point a FLAM so who are you even talking about?

You see, I was ACTUALLY part of Starbase 34. If you would have been, you would have known that.

I happen to be a lawyer myself, occasionally dealing with actual copyright cases as well, and the US Supreme Court never made such declaration. For that, there should be a case that gets there through several courts. I wonder who would have spent the money just to get that case to the Supreme Court. Could you please send me a link with the actual decision or a summary of the case?
Not to mention that it would be dubious whether the US courts would even have jurisdiction in the question of mods. What if a mod was done by a Russian and it's published on a Russian server and it's forbidden by the Russian law to use mods without permission? Can the US court override the Russian law?


What I don't understand is, why are you doing this? I really wish you would understand the basic rules of modding instead of making up imaginary court decisions. You are obviously a dedicated modder, because you're around so long. You could be a valuable member of the community. But instead you alienate everyone with your attitude. Do you think that asking for permission is a BAD thing or that it's embarrassing? I asked permission for everything I use or plan to use in my mod. Do you know how many times I was rejected? Three. Of several hundred! I even got some extra help I couldn't have get otherwise.

Just... think about it. I assure it does worth more if you play by the rules. And yes, there are rules for modders unavailable.
posted on September 5th, 2019, 7:24 pm
My name is Jasmine Zegers for your information and if you can't tell by the name I'm female and I was born on May 6, 1990 and am 29 years old. I live in Washington, DC and work for the US Government.
posted on September 5th, 2019, 8:11 pm
Erm.... Pleased to meet you...(?) :sweatdrop:
What I mean was, if you wanted to prove that you are not Jetnova (who also was born in 1990 by the way), you could just tell us your other usernames.
posted on September 5th, 2019, 8:25 pm
Jemezu Site 3.png
Jemezu Site 3.png (78.36 KiB) Viewed 90 times
USSJasmine wrote:My name is Jasmine Zegers for your information and if you can't tell by the name I'm female and I was born on May 6, 1990 and am 29 years old. I live in Washington, DC and work for the US Government.


How weird. I just got this from your website:

Attachments

Jemezu Site 1.png
Jemezu Site 1.png (267.42 KiB) Viewed 90 times
Jemezu Site 2.png
Jemezu Site 2.png (93.61 KiB) Viewed 90 times
posted on September 5th, 2019, 8:32 pm
I've
k_merse wrote:Erm.... Pleased to meet you...(?) :sweatdrop:
What I mean was, if you wanted to prove that you are not Jetnova (who also was born in 1990 by the way), you could just tell us your other usernames.


I've already checked into both thise names and Jetnova is actually 31 years old born on 1988 and his name I've actually found his Facebook Account. So going by the fact I've already made aquantences with Jetnova and also Jemezu I know you're wrong on his age. I also learned he's a writer and into politics just like one of my extended family members.

If I remembered my other usernames I'd be using them instead of this account but I can't even access them on here or ArmadaFleetCommand. I wouldn't have created this account if I knew them. I do remember having acquaintances with The StarfleetKid he was one of the Modders on the Starbase34 Team but I haven't seen him anywhere in the Armada Community.
posted on September 5th, 2019, 8:37 pm
rifraf wrote:
Jemezu Site 3.png
USSJasmine wrote:My name is Jasmine Zegers for your information and if you can't tell by the name I'm female and I was born on May 6, 1990 and am 29 years old. I live in Washington, DC and work for the US Government.


How weird. I just got this from your website:
rifraf wrote:
Jemezu Site 3.png
USSJasmine wrote:My name is Jasmine Zegers for your information and if you can't tell by the name I'm female and I was born on May 6, 1990 and am 29 years old. I live in Washington, DC and work for the US Government.


How weird. I just got this from your website:


Like I've said ive talked to Jetnova, James and I've seen his Sisters page a series well. Just because her middle name is my first name doesn't mean a thing. I like my name and anyone with the same name I know I can trust. Unlike you losers and rude people here. And that's why I'm joined his site. You here are far too mean, accusing, and assume and disrespectful to everyone you all deserve to get yourselves banned and in front of firing squads in North Korea!
posted on September 6th, 2019, 7:09 am
You're weird you know that? :blink:
WE are rude? Did WE start talking low about fellow modders? Did WE started to be judgmental? All I did was to point out that every modder deserves a certain degree of respect, which you took as an offense for some weird reason.

You can't remember your old usernames? That's surprising, to put it mildly. I remember all my modding usernames. And I would definitely remember one I used in such project as Starbase 34 (great times).

By the way, this Jemezu seems to have a lot in common with you. For example she happens to work on a mod veeeeery similar you yours. Or her opinion on copyright law. She released the Armada II classic mod like it would be her own on her forum. She also published the Roots mod under your name. I wonder what the authors would want to say about that.

I also love little reference you made about me. Very mature indeed, worthy for someone who supposedly works for the government.

But if you want to uphold this charade, fine! Don't be Jetnova or Jemezu, but please respect other modders and their rights! They deserve it.
posted on September 6th, 2019, 1:53 pm
I saw your post on his website k_merse. Priceless. I do agree though the behavior we've witnessed over the years is of such a bizarre nature that it almost defies description.

You may have to bring up a DMCA Takedown Notice with him. As you would suspect I did with the Upgrade Project mod several years ago. He took it off his site and changed the words to say he has available my mod, that he conveniently edited and will give to those who want it.

EDIT: I see your original post on his site is now gone and both download links for the Roots mod and yours are gone as well.
posted on September 6th, 2019, 2:54 pm
Aaaaand we're locked.
1, 2
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests