BuildItemAvailability = 0

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on October 2nd, 2018, 2:13 am
If BuildItemAvailability is set to 0, does that mean it can't be built by the user?

I'm looking to make mixedtech unavailable and I'd rather do something like this if possible rather than deleting.
posted on October 2nd, 2018, 11:49 pm
If you don't want people to build the ships, I would recommend the clean method of removing them from the build yard

But if you want a faster version, you can remove their line from the techtree file.

Example:

rom_GriffinA.odf is a special version of the Griffin that is built from rom_staryardZ.odf but has no techtree entry. This allows the AI to build it from a Mijurial staryard but players cannot.
posted on October 3rd, 2018, 3:06 am
Tryptic wrote:If you don't want people to build the ships, I would recommend the clean method of removing them from the build yard

But if you want a faster version, you can remove their line from the techtree file.

Example:

rom_GriffinA.odf is a special version of the Griffin that is built from rom_staryardZ.odf but has no techtree entry. This allows the AI to build it from a Mijurial staryard but players cannot.

I ended up going the tech tree route and that saved me a whole lotta time. Thanks for the help again.