B1.1:Map Editor - Can't place objects in height

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on September 13th, 2003, 6:10 am
First of all I would like to say that this is the best MOD yet, and I can't wait for Version 2. Anyway, Whenever I go to create a map i try to change the Height and Width, but it won't change from the default. Whats Wrong? :huh: Also, I tried to put in derelict ships but it won't work? I need help! :angry:
posted on September 13th, 2003, 8:34 am
Last edited by DOCa Cola on September 13th, 2003, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to the forums!

Yep, if you change the dimensions of a map, you will have to save it and reload it :)
how did you try to place derelicts till now and what didn't work?
posted on September 13th, 2003, 4:56 pm
Whenever I have placed a derelict I would set it to team 0 or 8, and change the health, crew, and shields to zero. This would allow me to make derelicts that I can take and control, but they are not my derelicts. :wacko: When I play the map the ships are not mine and are derelict, but i cannot control them once I crew them.? :huh:
posted on September 13th, 2003, 5:27 pm
yep, you should put them in a team which is not used by a player..
for example on a 6 player maps the player slots 1-6 are used for the players, so you should place the derelicts for team 7 or team 8 (don't forget to set this team to "empty" instead of a player). which means you cannot place derelicts on 8 player maps.
team 0 is reserved for neutral units only, which means they are handled like allied units, so you cannot board them but recrew them.
NieKnight
posted on September 15th, 2003, 7:05 am
o cool
posted on September 15th, 2003, 3:51 pm
Thanks for the help. I tryed whayt you said and I now can make maps that I will enjoy.
NieKnight
posted on September 15th, 2003, 6:38 pm
good and when u have made them send them to docacola and he can then make them a map pack or well dekektor will make them a map pack lol