Added Ship has no colours

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on August 29th, 2019, 2:56 pm
Hello everyone,

i wanted to add an ship to Fleet Ops. Unfortunately the ship has no colours. What did I wrong?

Attachments

Unbenannt.jpg
Unbenannt.jpg (52.4 KiB) Viewed 433 times
posted on August 29th, 2019, 7:36 pm
Hello and welcome to the community!

Your model is not "colorless", it's only "naked". You can see the mesh of the model, but the textures that would add the color and detalis to it aren't mapped on it. There could be various reasons.
1) You didn't define textures for the mesh in your preferred 3D editor.
2) You defined unsupported format of textures. Use .TGA files.
3) You didn't copy the textures into the FleetOps/Textures folder.
4) The texture files are corrupted. Create new texture files in your preferred texture editor.
5) You changed the texture flies' name and the game can't identify the required texture files (see point 1).
posted on August 30th, 2019, 3:41 pm
Fleet Deluxe wrote:Hello everyone,

i wanted to add an ship to Fleet Ops. Unfortunately the ship has no colours. What did I wrong?

One hello and welcome.

Two, nice looking ship; did you make it or download it yourself? I would like to be able to get that ship for a mod I'm working on that uses all Star Trek Eras and looks like it could fit nicely in the Star Trek Online (STO) Era since they use many ships in that game that have variants many TNG-Post Nemesis Era ships have gotten moved there to help balance out the total number of ships in TNG-Post Nemesis.

Third, I'd have to say that I agree with k_merse, the model in the game is missing the Textures. Now if you added them to the game but kept them in the Textures/RGB folder, remove them from the RGB folder and just delete that folder; you'll never need or want it with any mod using FleetOps or in FleetOps in gene. They removed that folder and just use the Textures folder. Also make sure the Textures are named right. Other than what I added about the Texture and RGB folders k_merse's steps are accurate.

k_merse wrote:Your model is not "colorless", it's only "naked". You can see the mesh of the model, but the textures that would add the color and detalis to it aren't mapped on it. There could be various reasons.
1) You didn't define textures for the mesh in your preferred 3D editor.
2) You defined unsupported format of textures. Use .TGA files.
3) You didn't copy the textures into the FleetOps/Textures folder.
4) The texture files are corrupted. Create new texture files in your preferred texture editor.
5) You changed the texture flies' name and the game can't identify the required texture files (see point 1).