Missing ships?

Share and discuss your gameplay strategies.
posted on August 6th, 2016, 6:52 pm
So I've been playing fleet operations off an on for some time, and have been digging around in modding things here and there, and have noticed the fed Typhon carrier present in the game files, but nowhere to be found in game. Am I missing something here? I'd love to see what they're capable of ingame.

And I'm sure there's other ships that are missing as well. Anyone have any thoughts? I haven't found anything, so unless that's one of the things you need to capture non-faction construction ships for them...
posted on August 8th, 2016, 11:08 pm
there are just a few ships floating around in the files that can't be reached in the game. Some of them can be placed through the mapmaker. If you have a specific ship you want to play with in the game, you can let me know and I'll add it to Tryptic's Mod. I won't make it balanced or add it to the main game, but I'll make it placeable through the mapmaker, etc. :thumbsup:
posted on August 9th, 2016, 10:19 pm
How does one place them in the mapmaker then? I haven't figured that out yet...
posted on August 11th, 2016, 12:45 am
The menu is navigated with the Function keys, and you use Tab to go back up. If you don't find a ship in the list, let me know.
posted on August 21st, 2016, 5:35 pm
Okay, figured out the map maker. Made some changes to a map, added some goodies. Now how do I get them ingame?
posted on April 3rd, 2017, 2:46 pm
Thank you for the help guys"! Managed to figure it out thaks to you! :thumbsup: :sweatdrop:

_____
oluff
posted on February 17th, 2019, 6:55 pm
Huh? I can place ships, but to get them to show up in a skirmish, I got nothing. Anyone help?
posted on February 18th, 2019, 11:42 pm
Make sure the ships are on an empty player slot, else they'll disappear when the game starts. If you want players to find and take over said ships without too much difficulty, consider making them derelicts, else they'll just try to start fights with you. :lol:
posted on February 19th, 2019, 2:25 am
Ah. Obvious in hindsight, really. And where is the setting that sets them as derelicts? It's not jumping out at me.
posted on February 19th, 2019, 3:57 am
Set the current crew to zero.
posted on February 19th, 2019, 3:48 pm
Stardust wrote:Ah. Obvious in hindsight, really. And where is the setting that sets them as derelicts? It's not jumping out at me.

Admiral Nat wrote:Set the current crew to zero.

Admiral Nat is right, set the crew to 0 when placing them onto the map with the Map Editor but there's one other thing you want to do when playing such maps. The Ferengi will come and steal derelict ships and remove them off of the map: "Salvage, salvage everywhere" (you usually hear this when they take one of your ships as the player. They take both player and AI controlled Direlict Ships. When setting up an Instant Action game (you can't do this in Single Player Campaign Missions so if you're putting them on those maps, you might want to place them near your starting area or say "goodbye to them"): So well setting up an Instant Action game go to Advanced Options (might say Advanced Settings) don't quite remember at the moment) and uncheck the box that says Ferengi. Unchecking them turns them off but you'll have to do it all the time. I don't know how to or even if it's possible to permanently turn the Ferengi off.

(Note 1: Turning the Ferengi Off also turns them off to visiting your Trading Stations)
(Note 2: There are some Mods that replaced the Ferengi with different races to do the same function. It's been awhile but I believe KA2 is one of the Mods I've played that changed them. Turning them off is the same procedure though.)
posted on February 19th, 2019, 4:46 pm
Sounds good, I'll try that, thanks guys!