Unable to win any battle as Borg player due to low supplies

Share and discuss your gameplay strategies.
kwoodard65
Topic Starter
posted on March 27th, 2010, 6:28 am
Good Day,

What is the best way to increase supplies in support of a Borg player? I am always defeated due to running too low on supplies.

Thanks,
Keith
posted on March 27th, 2010, 7:41 am
Um ...

Well ... the ONLY way to get more supplies is to build the supply station.  It's "F2"...

Optimize can upgrade it.  You'll have to build multiple.  Good luck!  :thumbsup:
posted on March 27th, 2010, 8:12 am
Multiple Stations = Bigger annihilation  :thumbsup:
posted on March 27th, 2010, 8:27 am
Yeah. I found out that 4-6 fully upgraded Incubation Centers produce about 1 supply every second (cos if you think about it, a upgraded center produced one supply every 6 seconds. So 6 supply stations should give you about 1 supply every second :))
posted on March 27th, 2010, 2:04 pm
4 + upgrade can give you enough supply with CC level 2/3

7+ +upgrade can give enough supply to up to 3~4 team members  :thumbsup:
posted on March 27th, 2010, 2:21 pm
Last edited by funnystuffpictures on March 27th, 2010, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NuclearDude wrote:Yeah. I found out that 4-6 fully upgraded Incubation Centers produce about 1 supply every second (cos if you think about it, a upgraded center produced one supply every 6 seconds. So 6 supply stations should give you about 1 supply every second :))

Or 6 supplies every 6 seconds :P

I also dont understand why borg cant buy supplies! maybe in exchange for uplinks or something.
kwoodard65
Topic Starter
posted on March 27th, 2010, 6:13 pm
Boggz wrote:Um ...

Thanks for your post friend! What is a supply station? There is a recycle station, construction station, and transmission matrix but how do I find your recommended option?

Well ... the ONLY way to get more supplies is to build the supply station.  It's "F2"...

Optimize can upgrade it.  You'll have to build multiple.  Good luck!  :thumbsup:
posted on March 27th, 2010, 6:19 pm
Haha did you read the other posts?  :D

I said hit "F2".  It's the Incubation Center :).
posted on March 27th, 2010, 6:23 pm
The supply station is actually called the incubation center, which is the option just to the right of the starbase construction option.  Most of us call it a supply station because that's its function.  But its official name is incubation center.

And I got  :shuriken: by boggz. :lol:
posted on March 27th, 2010, 7:24 pm
Mal wrote:And I got  :shuriken: by boggz. :lol:

Well yeah ... cause I'm a f<cking ninja ...  :shuriken:
posted on March 29th, 2010, 12:03 pm
Basically to have adequite supply income to support decent borg fleets you'll need a minimum of 4 by mid game, 6-8 when you try bringing cubes. I suggest that once you secure an expansion with decent defense that you put two supply centers there
posted on March 29th, 2010, 1:10 pm
Boggz wrote:Um ...

Not completely true, but the other option is insane.  Capture someone else's starbase.  If they have the ability to build supplies, you will too.  Don't ask me why, but it's the one reason I've found for stealing a starbase other than using it's guns.  And it's still not worth it.
posted on March 29th, 2010, 4:38 pm
Hahaha ...

Going to the trouble of capturing a starbase just so you can buy supplies?  :D
posted on March 30th, 2010, 2:18 pm
Admittedly, I stole it so it would defend 'my new mining expansion'.  It just turned out that I could buy supplies there too.