Toughest matchups???

Share and discuss your gameplay strategies.
posted on April 7th, 2011, 6:02 pm
Hey guys, I know that Fleet Ops is pretty balanced BUT there has be a matchup in which one race gives you the hardest time. In your opinion if your playing as each of these races, which race matchup is the most difficult.

Borg -

Romulan -

Klingon -

Dominion -

Federation -

Thanks and let me know!
posted on April 7th, 2011, 6:27 pm
the main ones are:

feds stomp borg. most fed ships have loads of torps to spam. intreps generally do well, and if they feel, excel 2s will spam some more. both are easy to get to. akiras have torps too. mayson can make novae which can give you even more torps. warpins will spam torps. feds can easily get to medium sized ships (intreps akiras e2) or large ships (warpins) which will negate intercept modules a bit. and feds can switch between strats easily at the start. if you go full on intrep spam the borg will think they are clever by going dodecas, each dodeca is worth several of your ships, but you can cancel after a couple intreps and go for mons instead. the second you even have 1 mon, the dodeca will auto target it, and do loads less damage.

romulans can be kinda cheap against klinks, they can spam disruptor rhienns or frigates from the start. disruptor rhienns are a lot harder to deal with.
posted on April 7th, 2011, 7:07 pm
hmmmm when playing the dominion i do find that a romulan player will give you a hard time with a cloaked
scout watching your yard and your first prototype is not really something you want to fight with so this does give them time to start production of ships that will do well against your prototype class.......also with the current patch the monsoon is just my worst nightmare >:(
posted on April 7th, 2011, 7:12 pm
yeah, monsoons were good before the bug. currently nothing long range can hurt them as hdsg got applied more than once. that means a team of monsoons can ignore fire from any starbase while killing your miners. they also tank turrets that are long range, such as phaser platforms.
posted on April 7th, 2011, 7:21 pm
5 b-5's (full fighters) vs 3 spheres  = b5 wins!  >:(
posted on April 7th, 2011, 8:00 pm
Nanite, Arti and purple beam spam, or multi warpin in 3v3+ games since many times not beatable.
posted on April 7th, 2011, 8:50 pm
Arash8472 wrote:5 b-5's (full fighters) vs 3 spheres  = b5 wins!  >:(

i just tested that.

5 unranked production pure b5s, with all their fighters deployed and circling them.

i approached them with 3 spheres with: regen x3, beam x1. as that is what you should make if the enemy is spamming carriers, as they do huge beam damage via the fighters.

the secondary beams smacked down the fighters. no spheres died. all 5 b5s gone, the sphere that got shot was down to about 20% hull and no energy. this was without sphere dance. just sitting there slugging it out. in a real game the b5s would retreat before dead and the total dps would fall faster.

i also tested with 3 spheres with beam x3 and regen x1. which take loads less damage from beams. the fighters were all wiped out like lemmings by the secondary beams. and the sphere that was attacked had about 25% damage after the last fighter was gone cos the fighters beams couldnt hurt the sphere. the b5s fell easily after that as they just dont put out huge dps. the fighters do. and that was halved by the beam modules.
posted on April 8th, 2011, 12:36 am
Keep them coming guys! I'm learning a lot :)
posted on April 8th, 2011, 12:42 am
I always have trouble with feds vs klingons. stupid kvort spam
posted on April 8th, 2011, 11:18 am
fa11out wrote:I always have trouble with feds vs klingons. stupid kvort spam

try mix in a couple canaverals and get/turn on ec3m. giving it a def of 23, which is nice, and allowing it to last while it deals 50% extra damage to those pesky kvorts.

i'd mix these in with either mons or intreps. both have plus sides. the intreps take 20% reduced damage from pulses and dodge 20% of torps, but their special has a miss chance. while the monsoon is weaker def, it has the superb proximity torpedo. the chassis 1 ships are combat focused and will drain dil more than tri, so the canavs and specials will drain that tri for you, balancing your resources a bit. try to keep the canavs at medium-long range, that way if the kvorts wanna close in, they have to get into the position you dictate.

and if they switch strats you can easily go for sensor blackout and have canavs to do it with.