strategies for 8 all vs all games

Share and discuss your gameplay strategies.
posted on June 3rd, 2012, 5:05 pm
i was wondering what strategies people use when playing the big 8 player maps all vs all. these games are the ones i always struggle on (im referring to A.I. but strats for online is good as well)

i find it difficult to raid while not leaving my base completely defenseless. turtling seems to be the only way but then the dominion just plough through everything

so yeah, how does everyone go about these games?
posted on June 3rd, 2012, 6:46 pm
(one line of thinking)

vs AI: Don't attack. The AI will focus on the player that attacks them, if you don't attack, the AIs will fight amongst themselves, leaving you to build up a fleet. You can usually get 2 moons and build up a fleet, THEN go attack ONE AI and overwhelm them.
posted on June 3rd, 2012, 6:56 pm
Try to build a fortress around your star-base. Build protecting fighters. Try to extend your territory. When you think you are ready, you can go to explore the deep space with some stronger battleships :-)
posted on June 4th, 2012, 12:48 am
Put smarting the ai is easy, just find a center point or a defsible position turrent it proxy yard it def it, they will keep attacking it and keep dieing the important thing is to attack and damage then in between waves after their fleets have been destroyed and they are rebuilding that is their weakest time and that's when you destroy mining stations yard ect then fall back or press on if you have a good advantage.
posted on June 4th, 2012, 10:06 am
thanks  for the tips

i asked this as i was playing a random placement on the map "blue amber" i was random and was given klingon.
i tried to expand quickly while building a fleet but the way i was streched i couldnt defend against each side i was sandwiched between 2 borg A.I. in one of the middle placements so it wasnt possible to hide and build up.
i even had 3 yards building "K'beajQ" tho trying to take out some of the ships seemed difficult before they could run and repair

what should klingons build against borg?