Setting up a Sensor Array network

Share and discuss your gameplay strategies.
posted on August 31st, 2011, 8:25 pm
Is there a "good" way to set up a sensor array network (with anyone that uses those, the Federation and Klingons come to mind right away), to get the maximum amount of visible without wasting resources? What is the range of the arrays, is it the actual, green circle that appears when you hover over the sensors, or, is it the visible area the array makes when its brought online?

Just a minor question... whats the sensor platforms of the other races?
Federation: Sensor Array
Klingon: Scout Station
posted on August 31st, 2011, 8:30 pm
Last edited by Tyler on August 31st, 2011, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USSHavoc wrote:Just a minor question... whats the sensor platforms of the other races?
Federation: Sensor Array
Klingon: Scout Station

Dominion: Sensor Station
Borg: Sensor Relay (needs research)
Romulan: Talon Class (was the Spy Satellite, but that's not used anymore)
posted on August 31st, 2011, 8:36 pm
Dominion has the Perimeter, Hyperspace Sensor Array, Sensor Station
Romulan has no station for the task
Borg has the Dodecahedron when placed as a Relay, in addition to the Sensor Relay

The green sensor circle does not match with the subsystem unfortunately, but it is about 2/3 the correct radius.

ninja'd...
posted on August 31st, 2011, 8:41 pm
Thanks for the responses, I've somehow kept missing what they are for the other factions, and I even played them... but in hindsight, this all makes sense.  Also, thanks on the response about the subsystem and the radius, that might help me laying these things out a bit easier.  I tended to try and match where the circles overlapped at least somewhat, and it seems I was wasting resources doing this...
posted on August 31st, 2011, 8:48 pm
also if u only want vision of a location, you dont need to send a constructor to put a station down of any kind, a scout provides a lot of vision, and is more mobile, but is weaker. for instance the borg dode relay(s) costs way more than a scout, and is a waste if you only want to see what's going on somewhere. obviously its better for decloak and fighting.

the dominion scout also has little sensor probe things that it can drop.