NoQ'Duj rush

Share and discuss your gameplay strategies.
posted on September 12th, 2010, 9:49 am
I was thinking about this:

NoQ'Duj kicks ass for scount ship,it have nearly half DPS of single Jem'HurDur bug

NoQ'Duj is very fast.cheap,and you can build it instantly from Starbase.
This allows you to annihilate oposition before it can make staryard.
It have cloak,this makes it highly survivable with little bit of good micro going on.

Cant understand why this OP tactic isnt used more
posted on September 12th, 2010, 10:06 am
mainly because it doesn't work.

a starbase can eat a scout too fast to prevent them making their first structure (usually a shipyard)

by the time u get more scouts out, they probably have a ship. and will kill your scout, or just board it and take it away from u.

the noqduj is good for killing the enemy scout if u can chase it.

also if u make a small strike force of them later u can kill maybe 1 miner at an undefended exp, then run.

if u wanna rush with klinks you are better off making miners, then turning them into ktinga. after about 6 of them, and 3 normal ships, rush in and prevent expansion, and then attack base mining, hopefully they will be kept without money for a long while. while u can start again with your mining.

this works well on maps where the starting starbase cant protect its moons. on moons close to the starbase its riskier, but still possible.

jem herrr durrr
posted on September 14th, 2010, 12:31 pm
Lolz.

Most of the time, scout spam does not work... Unless you are Mort...  :D

BTW - Jem'Hadar  ^-^
posted on September 14th, 2010, 1:06 pm
:rofl:

i had 90 of them thats why they were able to crush AI :D even perimeter and fully upgraded cloning facility

for the empire!!  pew pew pew argh :badgrin:
posted on September 14th, 2010, 2:01 pm
90 noq duj is like around 30-60 ktinga, which is ok.
posted on September 17th, 2010, 9:47 pm
Maybe you could use the scout in combination with the Ktinga rush xD... but intell is still very important
posted on September 17th, 2010, 9:56 pm
No point wasting money on something more expensive and weaker. The only benefit of the NoQ'Duj is its enhanced sight and speed. In every other regard it's not a better combat option than a K't'inga. And just remember, that first time you try to cloak to get away? That's several ships captured  :lol:
posted on September 18th, 2010, 8:58 am
it's funny that the scout is more expensive than the miner, so when i need another scout that doesn't require a large sensor radius (fleet following usually) i just make a miner then ktinga it.

it costs a little more tri, but lots less di, and klinks dont gobble up much tri usually. and the little extra di in the bank helps. and the ktinga can do the job better sometimes as it's harder to steal after decloak.
posted on September 18th, 2010, 1:06 pm
Huh... Not to mention they roll out 25 seconds faster-  And here I was building those useless scouts.  Thanks for the tip, Myles.

dob wrote:Cant understand why this OP tactic isnt used more

That probably isn't all that you don't understand...  In fact, if you actually played this game, even for just a minute.... Ah, never mind. 

Attachments

dob.jpg
posted on September 18th, 2010, 3:06 pm
Professor J wrote:And here I was building those useless scouts.

the scout isnt useless, if there is no chance of getting decloaked then the crew issue doesnt matter, and the good sensor range of the scout will help in some situations, like watching the build queue on a yard.

or if decloak is possible u can sit the cloaked scout outside the enemy's base using the sensor range, but with a ktinga u will need to be closer and more likely to get pinged.

but definitely there are also many times a ktinga can do the job of a scout. but at least klinks have a choice.

Professor J wrote:That probably isn't all that you don't understand...  In fact, if you actually played this game, even for just a minute.... Ah, never mind. 

:lol: that's a little harsh.
posted on September 19th, 2010, 12:50 pm
No Kid-Gloves:  I'd cut him some slack if he hadn't have called it an "OP tactic" obviously without ever trying it out.

While the sensor range is a 'minor' issue, I've found that instead of just using a single scout, (remember the time/resource savings) eventually bunching up 2-3 of them in little raiding groups are perfect once a B'rel or two show up for support, or even a momentary distraction, should you need it.

So... maybe the scout's aren't useless in a universal sense, to those who'll play the Klingons like the Romulans, but I had a couple interesting games last night trying it out, and how do you know until you try?
posted on September 19th, 2010, 12:52 pm
klink scouts are funny when used as a harass/distraction.

everyone thinks they arent a threat, but when 3 of them show up they can put some dents in an lone miner. and they are so fast they can run away without cloaking :lol: it's tricky to pull off, but funny when people laugh at your scouts actually working in combat.
posted on September 19th, 2010, 2:18 pm
dob wrote:I was thinking about this:

NoQ'Duj kicks ass for scount ship,it have nearly half DPS of single Jem'HurDur bug

NoQ'Duj is very fast.cheap,and you can build it instantly from Starbase.
This allows you to annihilate oposition before it can make staryard.
It have cloak,this makes it highly survivable with little bit of good micro going on.

Cant understand why this OP tactic isnt used more

By the time you create a 2nd scout , your enemy already has a shipyard and most likely both mining stations.... iv never seen this tactics in action but i can safely say there are far better ones....
posted on September 19th, 2010, 10:31 pm
yeah, why waste your money, why not try a qaw duj rush?
posted on September 20th, 2010, 9:29 am
ray320 wrote:yeah, why waste your money, why not try a qaw duj rush?

against bug/intrep spam, making qawduj from sb is actually useful as qawduj super counters those. and qawduj remains useful later even though not super countering.