Klingon Vs. Borg HELP!!!!

Share and discuss your gameplay strategies.
posted on February 15th, 2011, 6:15 pm
Ok sombody please either shoot me or help me.
yesterday i decided to play against two borg a.i. mercilises on a new map i made, i played as klingon martok avatar with an ai normal klingon ally. in reflection this is what happend-

1 Minute in. as soon as i build my first shipyard i churn out 4 b'rels and send them to his mine to cripple early expansions

3 minutes in. i Imediately tech up to battle yardX2 and star Spaming out Chargs and later lusperts

8 minutes  in. after several succesful Charg attacks i send my 3 bortas to the first a.i.s Base to ion storm the place.

10 minutes in. i have reached max mining capibiltys. i have one D/T Pair, Two D moons off on their own, and one T/T pair.

14. minutes in. after several blinding ai attacks my pal has suffered bad losses. he sends a last ditch assualt with all his ships.

14.5 minutes in. my pal is met and decimated by Dozzens of borg ships. its the end for him He is destoryed in the next 6 minutes.

24 minutes in. i send a MASIVE fleet of chargs, Lusperts and Neg'varhs to the final borg base- i'm met by an equally masive fleet of cubes and spheres. Only 3 ships survive

26 minutes in. the borg strike and destory my T/T pair of moons.

27 minutes in. all outlying bases are destoryed.

31 minutes in. The borg hit my main base. after a 6 minute seige my last defences and ships are either destoryed or assimlated.

32 minutes in. I'm Staring at a sysem with no klingons

Any Advice???
posted on February 15th, 2011, 6:35 pm
Play online :P :D

Borg AI is the cheatiest, being able to put out Cubes at the cost of about a Sov.
posted on February 15th, 2011, 6:38 pm
Less than the Dominion, at least...

Turn the AI cost settings to maximum, then spam everything Torpedo armed.
posted on February 15th, 2011, 6:40 pm
24 minutes in. i send a MASIVE fleet of chargs, Lusperts and Neg'varhs to the final borg base- i'm met by an equally masive fleet of cubes and spheres. Only 3 ships survive

Chargh is weak against long range due to fast tracking computers.

Neghvar is a good borg buster

Luspet: Good against medium range, but slow. Also quite resource heavy to produce. Not a good choice against the Borg.

If you have a lot of resources to spend and there aren't any assimilators, try the Sang in combination with the Neghvar
posted on February 15th, 2011, 6:48 pm
I had every handicap in place. Tons Of resources and Almost hundreds of ships

:borg:    :borg:                          :borg:                      :borg:                          :borg:

:borg:                          :2guns:                            :assimilate:                        :borg:

:borg:

:borg:                      :borg:                          :borg:                            :borg:              :borg:

And the map still looked like that
posted on February 15th, 2011, 7:01 pm
Go with sangs they are a borg's worst nightmare, you get enough of them and you can kite any ai fleet all day
posted on February 15th, 2011, 7:04 pm
Nice That should end my problems.......................... for know
posted on February 15th, 2011, 7:23 pm
I saw this and thought it was a real post...

The borg AI is several orders of magnitude stronger than the others, because of CC and the way borg use supply.  Put them on hard, not merciless and you'll have a chance.

Also...don't use brels against the borg, ever.  Or BortaS.  Chargs are their worst nightmare, and luspets are nice with adai, while sang spam is just awesome.  But none of this matters against the AI  :borg:
posted on February 15th, 2011, 7:26 pm
i can beat the 2 borg ai merciless as any other race, just not klingons. it annoys me :crybaby:
posted on February 15th, 2011, 9:08 pm
Styer Crisis wrote:1 Minute in. as soon as i build my first shipyard i churn out 4 b'rels and send them to his mine to cripple early expansions

dont bother early harassment vs borg. doesnt work well, especially with pulse armed brels, which are useless vs borg in general.

Styer Crisis wrote:3 minutes in. i Imediately tech up to battle yardX2 and star Spaming out Chargs and later lusperts

martok cant build charghs... maybe you were taqroja. if u go taqqy try get veq and chargs, both have awesome specials vs borg. most prefer martok though for borg busting, susa spam spam spam spam and they all die. third yard is battle yard, then sang spam spam spam til end.

ion storm wont work terribly well vs borg as it isnt strong enough to get a kill, so u have to ion storm then follow up with the attack to take advantage of less total borg hitpoints.
posted on February 15th, 2011, 9:39 pm
I stopped reading after 8 mins.... you had 3 bortas in 8 mins? well your not playing it right so you have put game speed high and given high resourses probly infinite or "showmethemoney" and yet your still losing i assume or wouldnt be posting so erm  :lol: :lol:
posted on February 16th, 2011, 12:12 am
This would make a great fleetops single player story for borg! XD

I felt like i was there!! XD ahahah lol
posted on February 16th, 2011, 12:19 am
Resistance is futile :borg:
posted on February 16th, 2011, 1:27 am
Not a single reference to the KBQ ....

Or the Vor'cha ....
posted on February 21st, 2011, 5:29 pm
1. I modified my avatar to have charghs as martok

2. I Foucused on Teching up EXTREMELY fast

3. Since the last post i beat the borg ai so this is really pointless now