Federation Versus Dominion

Share and discuss your gameplay strategies.
posted on December 12th, 2010, 9:07 pm
What for the Dominion counters 3 antares yards intrepid spam?

What for the Federation counter V13 Battleships? Any antares vessels or just The defiant/Sovereign/Galaxy.
posted on December 12th, 2010, 9:22 pm
A-26 Bombers will beat up Intrepids pretty bad, with a support of C-11's to tank as well as recharge the special weapons of the Bombers. If you are feeling fairly adventurous you can combine those Bombers with Attack Destroyers to chase down Intrepids (though they will deal less damage).

Intrepids take less damage from V13 Battleships, but a core of Akiras and Excelsior II's will serve you well in addition  :thumbsup:
posted on December 14th, 2010, 11:50 pm
-------- for the dom
don't forget s2 spam. s2s don't technically counter intrepids . but if you proxy yard and do your economy right you can constant build s2s. micro them by sending damaged ones off to repair and bringing back repaired ones from your proxy yard. due to the s2s speed you can keep a fight going much longer than the intrepids since your ships will get repaired much faster.

this thread was about how effective s2 spam is, you can read some of the posts of people like boggz trying to make counters for it.
Star Trek Armada II: Fleet Operations - S2 Spam

once you get s2 spam down it is pretty epic judging from how fast people steamroll others with it online.

-------------- for the feds
if its s2 spam, boggz has suggested monsoons (while microing their special) , pulse turrents. i would personally add to that list hope the other guy isn't competent. thats all i can say on that one as i don't really like to play feds, so i don't play them much.
posted on December 15th, 2010, 4:42 am
Considering I'm the DOminion player in this scenario I'll have to try out s2s more in the future. However I also play fed rats. I wobble.