Dominion vs Federation Rushes.

Share and discuss your gameplay strategies.
posted on August 26th, 2010, 3:24 pm
Ok..... now lets say that I am right now teched up to my Warfrigates and unlocked all except the C-11 Interceptor. I am about to start building some T-15s however one of my scouts runs into this.

A Rushed late-game fleet of 2 Phalanx Classes, 4 Excel IIs, 2 Defiants, and 5 Sabers.

Now I want to know... what the hell do I do? Because I am a slow builder I often find myself struggling to survive against late-game ships with mid-game and early-game ships. And I'd like to know how to kill this scenario.
posted on August 26th, 2010, 4:02 pm
How does one rush 2 Phalanx Classes, 4 Excel IIs, 2 Defiants, and 5 Sabers.

3 ship researches are need for phalanx and defiant. attack before they complete this, disrupt mining.
posted on August 26th, 2010, 4:14 pm
My suggestion in this situation is to turn around, drop your pants, bend over, and take it like a man.  :crybaby:

If you are only just getting round to building advanced shipyard units and already getting hit by that fleet you are probably doing something badly wrong with your teching up.

Your problem could be that you say you have unlocked "all" before building some T-15s.  I think this could be your problem.  If you unlock all your prototypes first this is a large investment and takes a long time.  I think you need to focus more.  Good scouting will help to know which prototypes to focus on first, although not sure what your best Dom ships are to take on this fleet... maybe a couple of T-15s and V-13s.  If you have mixed tech thanks to an ally you could possibly get the V15s out.... oh baby, watch those Fed wussies run from that!
posted on August 26th, 2010, 5:14 pm
You kill this scenario by playing online and NOT against the AI, Gamer :D
posted on August 26th, 2010, 5:17 pm
yeah, the ai will rush out high tech fast. faster than any human player could do.
posted on August 26th, 2010, 9:49 pm
Unless you're playing against the AI, that fleet should take a LONG time to build.  Excel-II aren't painfully slow to build, but Phalanx and Defiant are.  I hate using them just because it takes so damned long to make them.

And yeah, unlocking all the ships?  Not the best plan.  At about 3 moon pairs, I usually build a spare small yard and advanced yard, each of which does nothing but spit out those protos...straight into a nice safe nebula in BFE.  Prior to that, I focus.

And get those t-15s the moment it's financially viable.  They're generally good all-around heavy ships, and make a good backbone.  That impulse disruptor lets them hammer most small yard ships, and they're tough enough to not be pure bait for largeyard ships.  If you've had the money and resources, the Siege Cruisers are excellent for gutting large ships (and afterwards can be used to scrap a base), but they need their researches to really shine.

In fact, honestly, when it comes to the dominion, I find that they have one of the absolute best large-yard loadouts in the game, and feel that people ignore the beauty of it in favor of small-yard.

Plus, after the proto is done, those ships are CHEAP.
posted on December 12th, 2010, 11:33 pm
*blinks blinks blinks*

I unlock A26s, every time, war frigates every time. s2s usually. but you pick and choose... My second unlock is usually after I have a big yard going up... If your breen unlock breen cruiser, spam them and scout/hammer the enemy then build a big yard then work on unlocking specific things. Unlocking every basic ship is a recipe for disaster.

That would be like researching chassis tiers the most expensive way possible. *shrugs*

Good luck.