Borg 3.1.0 Ship Costs

Share and discuss your gameplay strategies.
posted on January 15th, 2010, 2:14 am
I've whipped this up to help when playing as Borg.  A lot of times I'll want to build a vessel, only to realize after I've built the chassis I don't have enough for the specific modules I want to put in.  So now you can pick your favorite selections, write them down, or print this out.  Then you'll know before you make the uplink whether you have the resources to build the ship you want.

The chassis costs include the price of the collective uplink, and the vessel cost is the total amount of resources you'll spend (uplink, chassis, and modules combined).  This covers most vessels out there, if there's one that isn't, it's a fair bet that one of the ones listed is at least close. :thumbsup:

Everything should be correct, but I might have made a mistake in transposing a vessel or two.  Let me know and I may or may not correct it. ^-^

Attachments

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

posted on January 15th, 2010, 2:38 am
Looking good  :thumbsup: . Quite a nice effort :)
posted on January 15th, 2010, 2:57 am
great idea  :woot:

hey dom, you should add this to the guide
posted on January 15th, 2010, 3:03 am
And it will be :). As soon as the new database is complete all the Borg stuff will be going in with "most used chassis" - that's why I'm really grateful to Mal for taking the time to write it all out now :D
posted on January 17th, 2010, 5:09 pm
One quick related question.  Did the Dev's fix it so when you build the chassis it has the hp and armor of the correct build you chose?  I remember before, all the chassis had the same hp/armor so I could select a Cube w/ tactical armor and it could be destroyed before being completed by almost any ship in the game.
posted on January 17th, 2010, 5:21 pm
Crap.  I don't know, man.  I don't think it was changed.  Anyone who actually knows want to chime in? :blush:
posted on January 17th, 2010, 5:27 pm
You mean the 'Scafolding' always having the same hp? I think it's better that way. It's just like destroying an unpowered ship by taking out the Shipyard.

Powerful as Borg ships are, their hulls is as fragile as any other races without the Structural Integrity active. I doubt ships that are still being built would have that active until they finish it.

Wouldn't changing that effect balance?
posted on January 17th, 2010, 5:28 pm
yep thats no bug, thats intended ^-^