what transporters do to the people that use them

What's your favourite episode? How is romulan ale brewed? - Star Trek in general :-)
posted on July 31st, 2013, 7:06 pm
saw this interesting video about how you can interpret how the transporters really work in the shows and what it means to the characters that use them in the star trek shows and films..

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol ... ip-theseus

so are they clones or the same people?
posted on July 31st, 2013, 10:21 pm
This is an interesting question, they are most definitely NOT clones however. Clones wouldn't have any of the memories of the original, only memories from when they were first conscious and onward. The episode with Riker being duplicated raises some interesting questions. Also another episode with Dr Pulaski when she was infected by the "superhuman" children's immune system causing her to age rapidly, they basically used a DNA sample from her before she was infected to "revert" her back to the state she was in before she was infected. So they basically spliced together the infected Pulaski with her own younger self DNA, was that a new person entirely then? They are very interesting questions, and I'm not sure what to think exactly.
posted on July 31st, 2013, 10:47 pm
I haven't notice this before but transporters are very big plot holes! :woot:

According to those episodes people would never get old, you storage your molecular structure in a computer and when feeling old you just need to go to a transporter and do the "Pulaski treatment" and voila! you are young again and again. :lol:

The one with Riker is maybe even worse, let said I want an army of clones, well I just have to duplicate the template soldier in a transporter it would be only a matter of time and energy but it would cheaper that with any other method.

In 2009 Star Trek Scotty beam Kirk and himself up to a very far aways Enterprise, so according to that starships are no longer needed, obviously they conveniently forget this for the rest of the movie! :hmmm:

In the last movie there's something similar with Khan's blood and it's resurrection capability. :lol:

Well I guess the writers do what they can to entertain us. 8)
posted on August 1st, 2013, 8:01 pm
1. Peoples brain cells are replaced completely over ones life time. Though peoples core beliefs that make up their identity as they see themselves and other see them don't change. they are the same consciousness in new bodies as they grow.
- as modern transformation self improvement studies show.

2. physics of star trek co-written with stephen hawkings, says yes the are a coppy with the original dead.

3. as far as clone spock... all we are is brain waves...

Read only after watching the clip:

The clip was from a guy how can see posability. though he has see the gold. when you get to the bottom then every thing can start.

When you truly get what the clip is saying then you can invent a future but if you believe that some day a unicorn caring David Hashalf will save you you will be disappointed. The key is to see your default and chose not to be it.

This is very important you can see a cloaking device by using standard scanning techniques. To see the invisible you need to you new technology you don't have currently. The thing here is to use someone how has be upgraded to see what you can not to make choses that are predictable for you to make. AKA things like: Life Coach or Landmark Education