STAR TREK BOOK REVIEWS

What's your favourite episode? How is romulan ale brewed? - Star Trek in general :-)
posted on October 22nd, 2012, 5:44 pm
Hey all,

So Iv recently been reading some Star Trek books, and I thought Id contribute to the community by posting reviews on the various Star Trek books as and when I read them.

I will not be giving the story away in my reviews, so as not to spoil it for anyone, i will simply be giving a rating on the book from 1 to 10 as well as remarks as to why I found the book good or bad.

On another note, please keep in mind that my reviews are entirely of my own opinion, so dont base your choice of whether to read, or not the read the book entirely on what I say. Also just keep in mind that the frequency of my review posts is dependent on my available free time to read amongst my other day to day activities. Also please feel free to comment on my various reviews and the books, and try not to derail the discussion.

My first book review will be "Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Emissary" which will be reviewed in the next post.
posted on October 22nd, 2012, 6:14 pm
BOOK REVIEW: "Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Emissary"

Rating: 6/10

Remarks: The story of this book is based completely on the Deep Space Nine television episode "Emissary", and is exactly the same story as in the TV episode. The nice thing about reading the book compared to watching the television episode is that in the book you are exposed to the various characters thoughts, such as Sicko's feelings toward how his wife died at Wolf-359, and also other characters thoughts such as Odos and Kiras. However what can be a good thing can also be a bad thing, at times while reading the book I often found myself getting frustrated about how Sisko kept going on and on about his wifes death and how I thought to myself at those times "For F*CKS sake, Sisko will you shut the hell up and get over it, so we can get on with the dam story". Its harsh I know, but thats how I felt.

In conclusion, I say its worth reading even if the story is exactly the same as in the TV episode, just to get to those inner thoughts of the various characters. However if you have watched the TV episode and dont care about the characters feelings, thoughts etc then skip it, story wise you wont miss anything.

!!!!URL SPOILER BELOW!!!!
URL: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Emissary_%28novel%29

Thats all folks next book to follow sometime hopefully soon.
posted on October 23rd, 2012, 4:04 pm
Would you mind if we added some of our own reviews to this topic?
posted on October 23rd, 2012, 7:43 pm
I dont mind at all, in fact it would be great.