Star Trek Beyond, opinions?

What's your favourite episode? How is romulan ale brewed? - Star Trek in general :-)
posted on August 1st, 2016, 7:00 pm
spoilers be lerking in this thread..

i gotta say after seeing the 1st trailer i went in thinking it would be ok. came out really enjoying it.

only thing i think didnt really belong is the motor bike scenes. oh and scotty being on the edge of a cliff in the pod.
would of enjoyed it even more if the trailer didnt show so much of the important stuff (stop spoiling films hollywood trailer makers!!)

really liked the white and black character, i get the impression she will return in the next one
visually really pretty and great effects.

so what did everybody think?
posted on August 1st, 2016, 7:20 pm
I'll let you know my opinion in three months or so when I can rent it from a Red Box, but most people I know who have seen it--even Kelvin-timeline skeptics--report it to be highly enjoyable.
posted on August 1st, 2016, 7:33 pm
The movie was awesome, and well thought of movie, plus it being star trek was also simply amazing

The Tribute to Spock was great! the ending credit also was to Nimory and Anton, which was good.
I like the graphics and the story was ok too, it could of been better since the ending fight scene was a little meh.

I liked the starbase design it was pretty cool!
posted on August 1st, 2016, 10:00 pm
JCarrill0 wrote:the ending fight scene was a little meh.

yeah it was a bit of a comedown from "SABOTAGE!"

JCarrill0 wrote:I liked the starbase design it was pretty cool!

yeah, although I'm with macoy "it looks like a snow globe waiting to break" (or however he said it)
posted on August 2nd, 2016, 3:57 pm
hellodean wrote:
JCarrill0 wrote:the ending fight scene was a little meh.

yeah it was a bit of a comedown from "SABOTAGE!"

JCarrill0 wrote:I liked the starbase design it was pretty cool!

yeah, although I'm with macoy "it looks like a snow globe waiting to break" (or however he said it)

I left stuff with spoiler tags in the event people didn't want to see it. :(
posted on August 2nd, 2016, 9:31 pm
oh sorry, but i did write in big red letters spoilers will be in this thread in the opening post. and if someone doesnt want a film spoiled, to be fair they should be avoiding a thread that was made to discuss it in detail spoilers and all