New Armada 3 mod for SoSE

What's your favourite episode? How is romulan ale brewed? - Star Trek in general :-)
posted on May 5th, 2013, 11:39 am
Hi. I read something about a Star Trek: Armada 3 Mod, a mod for Sins of a Solar Empire. They tell us that It is the spiritual successor to Armada 2. The Mod it's under construction. Please read about here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-trek-arm ... 2#imagebox

I thought that the Fleet Ops is the spiritual successor to Armada 2 :-)

Of all strategy games that I've played, I like Fleet Operations, because, I can play various missions and I can create my own mods starting with Star Wars until Babylon 5 :-)

Live long and prosper !
posted on May 5th, 2013, 12:13 pm
miklosgo wrote:They tell us that It is the spiritual successor to Armada 2. The Mod it's under construction.

There can be more than one approache for a spiritual successor i guess :D Sins of a Solar Empire is a great game. We've played it in the team a lot a while back (without mods though). We've even investigated it as alternative for Fleet Operations. But we've dropped the idea soon after. Gameplay is much different from what we have in mind - very different from Armada actually. I don't think you can even mod a remotely similar gameplay back in.
You have a choice anyway. Just try the mod, why not? There are also other Star Trek mods for Sins of a Solar Empire which i have heard are quite fun (and already released).
posted on May 5th, 2013, 3:52 pm
I do not played this game yet - Sins of the Solar Empire - :-)
I'm busy right now with Fleet Operations :-)

If we talk about Star Trek and Armada games, I have to remember this game - Nexus: The Jupiter incident - is a science fiction themed real-time tactics computer game developed by the Hungarian based Mithis Entertainment that focuses on tactics and ship management instead of resource collection and base construction. Previously this game was called "Imperium Galactica 3"

Playing this game, you have access to multiple modes, like StarGate, Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars. Babylon 5 and of course Star Trek. There are two Star Trek Mods to be played - Star Trek: Age of War - and - Star Trek Enhanced Space Combat. You can found these mods, searching the MoDDB site.

But, considering that I can create my own scenario and combine vessels wishing to fight in the battle, I prefer to play Fleet Operations. I read that it works under Linux too. Good to know about this. It's possible to make the game so as does not depend on the armada 2 install cd or a cd mirror ?
posted on May 5th, 2013, 6:39 pm
I found a nice Star Trek Mod for SW Empire at War: http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-trek-at-war-13

But for some unknown reason, my Windows 7 is not compatible with SW Empire at War. Starting the game, it's closing automatically. I don't had this problem using Win Xp, two years ago :-)
SW -Empire at War is doomed for the next generation operating systems like Win 7 or 8 :-)
posted on May 16th, 2013, 6:20 pm
I found Star Wars Empire at War Gold Edition and works fine with Windows 7.

I found some nice mods for Empire at War like Battlestar Galactica, Halo Mod, StarGate, Babylon 5, and I would like to play with some of these mods, well when I have some free time :-)
posted on June 5th, 2013, 4:54 pm
Miklos. I would be seriously careful with playing the star trek at war mod. The mods dev team were found to be using model and texture assets made by other people without permission and claiming said work as their own. This happened with their Babylon 5 mod and the trek mod does contain other peoples model and texture files. Thats the reason why, if you look, the mod isn't directly hosted on MODDB. In fact thomas39120 did receive a short ban some time ago for this kind of theft (in one mod he released I personally found over 600 texture files from other people from at least 6 game communities). Unfortunately depositfiles doesnt have the same rules as most modding sites which makes it somewhat harder to have the mod removed. Although I've yet to check the latest version nothing would suprise me more than if there was material assets from Flops or designs from flops have been used without so much as a statement to let the dev team here know where their work is being used.
posted on June 5th, 2013, 5:30 pm
@MajorPayne: Thanks for the advice. Anyway, I do not have much free time to play games or play with SW Empire at War. Until now, I played with the StarGate Mod and is interesting gameplay. On the other way, I was curious if Windows 7 can run this game SW Empire at War, because I had no problems running on XP.

Another problem: I have a friend and he has a Mac computer. Can he run the Fleet Ops game on his OS system :-) ? Thanks