IDW to publish Star Trek Crossover in May

What's your favourite episode? How is romulan ale brewed? - Star Trek in general :-)
posted on February 12th, 2012, 6:26 pm
Last edited by MadHatter on February 12th, 2012, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCOOP: Doctor Who/Star Trek – The Official Crossover | Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

A crossover with Dr Who!

I've been hearing some good things about IDW over the last couple of years, so with any luck this should be good as well. That image of the 11th Doctor sitting in Picard's chair in an "Engage!" pose is also pretty damn cool.

Edit: It's interesting to note that Russell T Davies, who was the chap responsible for getting the Dr Who reboot off the ground, wanted to do a crossover with Enterprise (at least according to the Memory Alpha wiki -- Doctor Who - Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki).
posted on February 12th, 2012, 6:37 pm
I bet the Department of Temporal Investigations would just love that crossover...
posted on February 12th, 2012, 7:35 pm
Last edited by RedEyedRaven on February 12th, 2012, 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler wrote:I bet the Department of Temporal Investigations would just love that crossover...

:lol:

Well, while I think this might be very funny; I think Dr. Who and Star Trek are pretty much incompatible.

In Dr. Who the plots always spin around protecting humanity from evil aliens and everything is done in a comedy-like way.
In Star Trek the alien cultures are as normal in daily life as humans and the plots were either about exchange, understanding and sometimes powerplay/war prevention between the different cultures (giving insight about being human proportional to the context). The plots were usually pretty damn serious, although there are countless light-hearted and funny moments throughout the canons of Star Trek. The funny things didn't dominate the scenery though.
posted on February 13th, 2012, 3:29 pm
Wow, I am really not sure if this is really wrong, or kinda cool.
posted on February 13th, 2012, 4:25 pm
I always like unified universe sort of things. I like it. :woot:
posted on February 13th, 2012, 7:48 pm
Adm. Zaxxon wrote:Wow, I am really not sure if this is really wrong, or kinda cool.

I think it can't be wrong since there's no law XD

I'm only afraid of this becoming a horrible desaster.
posted on February 16th, 2012, 7:42 am
They're on the Enterprise D bridge, and the Enterprise D had godlike beings and time-travelers dropping by on, like, every other week. Don't see a problem here.