Help me id this star trek game

What's your favourite episode? How is romulan ale brewed? - Star Trek in general :-)
posted on November 26th, 2012, 6:07 pm
Ok guys and girls this has been realy bugging me for a long time so i thought i might as well ask

Does anyone know the name of a star trek next generation game from the 90s where you played as a ship i belive it was the enterprise and you did space combat where you wer able to target seperate systems of the enemy ship but also wer able to alter your ships power lvls to each of your own systems

Its a very old game and i know it is real and not just a dream i had but i cant for the life of me remember its name nor can i find it with a online search PLEASE HELP ME :'(
posted on November 26th, 2012, 6:15 pm
A Final Unity?
posted on November 26th, 2012, 6:37 pm
Possibly Starfleet Command III?
posted on November 26th, 2012, 6:55 pm
Starfleet Acadmey?
posted on November 26th, 2012, 7:13 pm
star trek generations (for the film) i think let you alter stats when piloting the enterprise. but it wasnt great combat really. just putting it out there as a suggestion.

i would agree with styer crisis apart from the fact you said it was in the next generation era. but that was a great game.
posted on November 26th, 2012, 7:38 pm
Bridge Commander maybe ?
posted on November 26th, 2012, 10:28 pm
That sounds like it's probably Final Unity.
posted on November 27th, 2012, 12:35 am
It could be A Final Unity, but in that game your mainly playing as an away team, not piloting the ship. Are you sure it was in the 90's? There werent a whole lot of TNG games in the 90's. Do you know what platform it was on by chance? Kinda reminds me of the Star Trek The Next Generation for gameboy, your always flying the ship around in first person view blowing stuff up.
posted on November 27th, 2012, 9:14 am
thanks everyone for the responses it was an old windows ME i used to play it on back when ME was the new thing on the block i sat last night after stealing my brothers copy of starfleet command and the game play for the game im looking for is very much like starfleet command just lower quality and you could target more precise systems on enemy ships
posted on November 28th, 2012, 1:15 am
Squire James thank you it is generations you have solved something that has been bugging me for about 3 years now and now all i have to do is buy the game :D :woot: :thumbsup:
posted on November 28th, 2012, 1:49 am
I can't see buying it being a problem, given as even the reviews at the time were, well, according to MobyGames;

In the German gaming magazine PC Player (issue 01/1998) Star Trek: Generations received a special award as "Biggest Disappointment of 1997

But hey, I enjoy a lot of games that are generally considered bad by the mainstream gaming public
posted on November 28th, 2012, 12:19 pm
ha i thought it was generations. i never finished it, some of the levels seemed terrible to me and impossible (i got stuck on datas mission.)

when ever i think of this game all i here is Riker saying "this door is locked" over and over and over again :o