Fixing A Mod

What's your favourite episode? How is romulan ale brewed? - Star Trek in general :-)
posted on June 7th, 2005, 12:57 pm
Last edited by Kaiser von Tiberius on June 7th, 2005, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I didn't want to clutter the FO GC, but I would like to just post a little somethin about this.

Like I said in an earlier thread, I've been tinkering with the Vengeance Mod. It's a good idea, totaly destroyed by very poorly done odfs, so I've decided I'm going to go take a little time to fix them. Most of the problems are lack of ship names and verbose tool tips, but there's also some cost and balance issues I'm going to tweak as well.

Additionally, it appears that they just took the STvsSW mod, roughly cut out the Rebel Alliance and Galactic Empire sides, and cut and pasted them into this mod. And since STvsSW suffered from much the same problem......well, it'll take a bit, but I'll get it done.

There's about 360 ships I have to do as well as an unknown number of stations, so once I get those done, I'll probably zip it all up and see about getting it published somewhere, or ask the original mod team. Anyone know if they have a website or where I can give'em a holler?
posted on June 7th, 2005, 1:16 pm
inside the mod folder there is a zipped html readme on this theres a contact address for getting credit awarded to anyone involved with it. robert_menzen@yahoo.de maybe that will help :)
posted on June 7th, 2005, 7:44 pm
Last edited by Kaiser von Tiberius on June 8th, 2005, 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks, I think I tossed the readme when I finished dling it and had no desire to re-dl the mod just for that.

EDIT: I e-mailed the guy just after you gave me the address...no response as of yet.
posted on June 9th, 2005, 7:24 pm
Update, the guy responded very enthusiasticly and would love for me to go public if I do it.

On the work side, I have the 8472, Rebel, Breen, and Borg ships pretty much done.
posted on June 9th, 2005, 7:54 pm
wow! that was very quick and great news on the responce!
posted on June 9th, 2005, 8:37 pm
Last edited by Kaiser von Tiberius on June 9th, 2005, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh not so much....they essentially copied and pasted half the STvsSW mod into this one, and as I recall, the odf names for that mod were very...non-typical. So I fully expect to find I've not gotten quite all of the Rebellion done and/or another race.

Then I still have to go through and do the stations. Those won't be to bad though. Only hard part will be all the research.
posted on June 9th, 2005, 9:34 pm
man that WAS fast :D