STO Problem

Want to say something off topic? Something that has nothing to do with Trek? Post it here.
1, 2
posted on February 7th, 2012, 1:49 pm
Anyone know why I keep getting this crap when I try to start Star Trek Online?

Attachments

STO Problem.jpg
posted on February 7th, 2012, 1:54 pm
I'm not sure, I don't get that error today.
posted on February 7th, 2012, 2:04 pm
is there any problems with tungle tonight?
posted on February 7th, 2012, 2:28 pm
Drewlew wrote:is there any problems with tungle tonight?

STO = Star Trek Online

it has absolutely nothing to do with tunngle.  ^-^

@Tyler, did you try re-downloading and re-installing STO?
posted on February 7th, 2012, 2:37 pm
RedEyedRaven wrote:
@Tyler, did you try re-downloading and re-installing STO?

Isn't STO like a 10 GB download. :blink: Unless he just installed it, I would say that there is probably a less time consuming solution.
posted on February 7th, 2012, 3:26 pm
Last edited by FrazUK on February 7th, 2012, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looks like a client-side problem since it's listing memory addresses, maybe there was a transfer problem on the last patch download.

It's possible to force patches to re-download according to the STO support site:https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4028
posted on February 7th, 2012, 6:06 pm
I did try to re-download and re-install the game, though that didn't get very promising results... I'm trying the 'forced re-patch' idea at the moment.

If I'm lucky, that should fix it.
posted on February 7th, 2012, 6:10 pm
Someone at msfc appears to be having a similar problem.  Maybe it is a system wide error that only affects select systems?
posted on February 7th, 2012, 8:48 pm
Adm. Zaxxon wrote:Someone at msfc appears to be having a similar problem.  Maybe it is a system wide error that only affects select systems?

Perhaps it has to do with the latest updates of STO, which have some small, but serious technical flaws.
posted on February 7th, 2012, 10:54 pm
I'm not getting an error, but the damn game refuses to load. Takes like 20 minutes or something, before it says disconnect, and then I have to try again
posted on February 7th, 2012, 11:12 pm
ISS_Enterprise_D wrote:I'm not getting an error, but the damn game refuses to load. Takes like 20 minutes or something, before it says disconnect, and then I have to try again

Never had this issue at all, and I've played just a few hours ago.
posted on February 8th, 2012, 6:49 pm
Last edited by Tyler on February 8th, 2012, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just finished a forced re-patch and the error no longer appears, problem is nothing else does either. No loading screen, no icon in the system tray; I just log-on, click Engage and get nothing for my troubles.

EDIT: Tried going into the game directly and bypassing the Launcher entirely, that gets me to the main screen but always gets a connection time-out.

I've seen other forums where a number of people mention time-outs and similar problems that claim the staff just ignores them.
posted on February 9th, 2012, 5:34 pm
Time to call it quits, I guess. The game's made it quite clear I'm not getting back on...
posted on February 9th, 2012, 5:46 pm
they just finished a maintenance update today.  You might want to re install and try again now. :whistling: :sweatdrop:
posted on February 9th, 2012, 5:49 pm
They finished one just before the last reinstall, it didn't work after that one. Might as well try, though.
1, 2