Planetary Annihilation (rts)

Want to say something off topic? Something that has nothing to do with Trek? Post it here.
posted on September 16th, 2012, 10:18 am
this is a rts game that was put on kickstarter and it looks like its going to be good
(the kickstarter has finished and they got more than they needed)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/659 ... ration-rts

if you were a fan of Total Annihilation this will most likely appeal to you,

possibilities for a star trek mod is awesome
its primarily set on ground but the units can traverse from planet to planet, you can even use asteroids so changing it you be primerily in space shouldnt be a far fetched idea, and the fact units leave wreakage when destroyed means you could have fleet battles that look closer to the show.
also since they have a possibility to do maps on an increadable scale and thousands of units you could have all factions in the startrek universe all in the same game fighting at the same time (in the quote below it says you can play with 40 friends, i dont know in what capacity that means but it sounds fantastic! )

some quotes..
Pick Your Battles
"Play a quick skirmish with a friend on a single planet map with a low unit cap or a 12+ hour game with 40 of your closest frenemies and thousands of units. You can also hone your skills against Planetary Annihilation’s AI or team up with a friend against multiple AI’s."

Advanced Modding features
"Create new units, gametypes, maps and planet archetypes. Run your own servers with your own sets of units and game modes."

so yeah discuss the game, discuss the star trek mod potentials!
posted on September 16th, 2012, 10:41 am
so epic. i loved TA so much, first RTS i ever played. that style of rts is my favourite.

they even got one of my favourite voice actors onboard, John Patrick Lowrie, who was the main voice for TA, he's also been in other games i loved (NOLF/NOLF2 were amazing games).

also a bunch of their team worked on TA and supcom. so they definitely have the talent.

it's already fully (and more) funded on kickstarter. so hopefully we'll end up seeing this game finished. TA had a lasting impact.

they also said it will support mods as they like mods.
posted on September 16th, 2012, 11:18 am
i did actually say a some of that stuff so im assuming it was one of those tldr posts of mine :P
posted on September 16th, 2012, 3:34 pm
w00t! Can't wait. Someone posted this at msfc, and it was equally awesome then too. :woot:
posted on September 16th, 2012, 8:40 pm
What the??? :o

Has something like this ever been done before?

There is one thing that I discern from this simple graphics - that there will be some maddening devastation of apocalyptic magnitude in that game! :woot:
posted on September 16th, 2012, 10:51 pm
Beef wrote:There is one thing that I discern from this simple graphics - that there will be some maddening devastation of apocalyptic magnitude in that game! :woot:

you bet your ass it will be on a grand scale, watch this

posted on September 16th, 2012, 10:54 pm
I believe this may be the greatest RTS I've ever seen.
posted on September 17th, 2012, 6:25 am
Play ZeroK and you get a similar experience...
posted on September 17th, 2012, 12:29 pm
Does anyone else think that guy standing next to the Indian guy looks like Nathan Stark from Eureka? :sweatdrop: