I just got Armada2!

Want to say something off topic? Something that has nothing to do with Trek? Post it here.
posted on December 20th, 2011, 5:18 pm
I ordered Armada 2 off of Amazon just to play Fleet Operations a few days ago, I found it for $75, rare United Kingdom Edition, near-mint condition, DVD style case. Worth around $300. It was just too awesome.  :lol:
posted on December 20th, 2011, 5:25 pm
Nice!  You are right, that version usually goes for $300. :thumbsup:  Nice find.
posted on December 20th, 2011, 5:51 pm
holy crap thats expensive, I could have told you how to play without one  :innocent:
posted on December 20th, 2011, 7:59 pm
disorder wrote:holy crap thats expensive, I could have told you how to play without one  :innocent:

I can understand why he wanted to have a legally obtained disc.
Since I started to play FO, I felt like still having a little treasure next to my desk; considering I bought it for 33 € shortly after it was released (late december, Christmas-sale, lower prices even for new games back in 2001).
posted on December 20th, 2011, 8:27 pm
Last edited by Korloros on December 20th, 2011, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I plan on having a few copies of the disc burned, that way if anything happens to the original disc I won't be responsible for taking one of the few discs out of existence. LONG LIVE STAR TREK!
posted on December 20th, 2011, 9:18 pm
RedEyedRaven wrote:I can understand why he wanted to have a legally obtained disc.
Since I started to play FO, I felt like still having a little treasure next to my desk; considering I bought it for 33 € shortly after it was released (late december, Christmas-sale, lower prices even for new games back in 2001).

Yeah, I got mine for $15 in 03 I think.  It was just losing its new game hype and modding was just picking up.  :blush:
posted on December 20th, 2011, 11:28 pm
I got mine for free as a christmas present  :woot:

What I lacked at the time, however, was a computer that could run it  :sweatdrop:
posted on December 20th, 2011, 11:29 pm
Last edited by Andre27 on December 20th, 2011, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Korloros wrote:I ordered Armada 2 off of Amazon just to play Fleet Operations a few days ago, I found it for $75, rare United Kingdom Edition, near-mint condition, DVD style case. Worth around $300. It was just too awesome.  :lol:

Perhaps it is expensive where you live, but $300?
Amazon.com: Star Trek Action Pack: Video Games

$85 and that is the whole star trek action pack.

Edit:
Ok, well it seems A2 solo and new is rare and more expensive but still no $300 (150 to be exact)
Amazon.com: Star Trek: Armada 2 (Jewel Case): Video Games
posted on December 21st, 2011, 12:41 am
I have two copies; one from the original release, and one from the Action Pack.
posted on December 21st, 2011, 12:45 am
Ouch.

I got Armada II in a pack of old CD's from a friend of my dad's, didn't pay a penny.  Then one day my friend and I were having a tournament of old, unused games where each match between us was the first time either of us had played the game.  I looked online to find the latest patch and found Fleet Ops instead, and we got hooked for a week straight.

A game like Armada II should be on GoodOldGames or another site that sells digital downloads of old games for $3-10 each.  Such a pity that it isn't.
posted on December 21st, 2011, 2:00 am
I got the rare version with ENHANCED audio at least.  :D