Do you want this cake?

Want to say something off topic? Something that has nothing to do with Trek? Post it here.
1, 2
posted on August 3rd, 2012, 12:53 am
DUDE. :o :swoon:
posted on August 3rd, 2012, 1:00 am
Assimilated cake.. :o

Almost a shame to carve it up to eat it. Almost as much a shame to not eat it and let it go to waste.
posted on August 3rd, 2012, 1:27 am
I have seen many a cake that was cool, and gimmicky and from something I enjoy whether it be film or game..... but never have I laid eyes upon one that Id actually want.

:borg: :assimilate: :borg: :hungry:
posted on August 3rd, 2012, 7:54 am
I really didn't know that eatable LEDs exist.
posted on August 3rd, 2012, 8:24 am
Realisation: Melee weaponry is the best choice against the Borg; That cake doth not stand a chance.
Or to put it in another manner: It will be assimilated into the collective of the wedding guests' bodies, resistance is futile.
posted on August 3rd, 2012, 9:19 am
that is awesome. when i saw the title of this thread i thought you were gonna post this:

Also one of the early replies on reddit was criticising it for having the ferengi fight the borg.
posted on August 3rd, 2012, 12:35 pm
Resistance IS futile!
:hungry:
posted on August 3rd, 2012, 1:52 pm
Myles that video is weird LOL :rofl:
posted on August 3rd, 2012, 2:31 pm
JeanLucPicard wrote:Myles that video is weird LOL :rofl:

Pretty much any video on youtube about nicolas cage is weird, eg:

this guy gets more attention on the internet than irl. there's also his rage comic "you don't say". if he sung never gonna give you up the internet would probably explode.
posted on August 3rd, 2012, 4:25 pm
Last edited by MadHatter on August 3rd, 2012, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That YouTube video has an tautological oxymoronic title. There are no "best" scenes in that version of The Wicker Man, just "not quite as bad".

The original with Christopher Lee and Edward Woodward is so much better.
posted on August 3rd, 2012, 5:07 pm
MadHatter wrote:That YouTube video has a tautological title. There are no "best" scenes in that version of The Wicker Man, just "not quite as bad".

The original with Christopher Lee and Edward Woodward is so much better.

1) :lol: yeah that film was pretty bad, nicolas cage only does extreme films, either they're really good films, or they're really bad films.

hollywood has a history of taking old stories from books or films (especially british ones) and doing a shitty remake/adaptation.

2) you've misused the word 'tautological', a tautology is where the same thing is said twice, ie you could remove one instance of it.

eg 2+2=4 and 4+4=8 is a tautology, we can remove either equation and still have the same amount of information.

eg a limerick from wikipedia:
There once was a fellow from Perth
Who was born on the day of his birth.
He got married, they say,
On his wife's wedding day,
And he died when he quitted the earth

which tells us the same information twice several times.

3) the best of a set of shitty things isn't necessarily good, like the best way to die, all ways to die are shitty because you die, my best way to die would be gunshot to the temple, quick and hopefully painless, it's a subjective thing.

the title of this youtube video is ironic, it actually means the worst bits from the film, where the acting is particularly bad and the film starts making less sense. culminating in the infamous bees scene. i just can't believe that they didn't look at that after filming and just burn it for being shite.
posted on August 3rd, 2012, 5:12 pm
Myles wrote:2) you've misused the word 'tautological', a tautology is where the same thing is said twice, ie you could remove one instance of it.

I'll blame being distracted and an insufficiency of coffee :P I've corrected my post :)
posted on August 3rd, 2012, 5:56 pm
Myles wrote:...if he sung never gonna give you up the internet would probably explode.

...or "I Am Glad, 'Cause I'm Finally Returning Back Home."
posted on August 3rd, 2012, 7:24 pm
Nutter wrote:...or "I Am Glad, 'Cause I'm Finally Returning Back Home."

Are you trying to trololol us? :P
1, 2