2012 has arrived.

Want to say something off topic? Something that has nothing to do with Trek? Post it here.
1, 2
posted on December 31st, 2011, 9:08 pm
Happy new year! Watch out for those Mayans; this is the year they return from Mars in their flying pyramids to judge the worthiness of humanity. (right?)
posted on December 31st, 2011, 9:13 pm
nah, the mayans won't get here in time, harold camping's rapture really will come this year. really absolutely seriously for reals.

happy new years to those who already have it (majestic and other aussies)

and soon happy new years to the rest.
posted on December 31st, 2011, 9:48 pm
Still 7 hours away, but

Happy New Years Everyone

I predict the world will... not end.

Besides, Mayan time structure simply states a new time period will begin.
posted on December 31st, 2011, 9:58 pm
Myles wrote:nah, the mayans won't get here in time, harold camping's rapture really will come this year. really absolutely seriously for reals.

Harold Camping is actually the mortal avatar of Itzamna, come to foretell the days of our judgement.

godsvoice wrote:Still 7 hours away, but

Happy New Years Everyone

I predict the world will... not end.

Besides, Mayan time structure simply states a new time period will begin.

Yes, the period of our eternal subjugation.
posted on December 31st, 2011, 10:07 pm
ha

I don't think that's quite what they had in mind.

It isn't a time period similar to hell.

I don't think subjugation is on their predictions either.
posted on December 31st, 2011, 10:41 pm
You can ask them soon enough, no?
posted on December 31st, 2011, 11:11 pm
Last edited by Beef on December 31st, 2011, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why is everyone so afraid of the mayan prediction? Were you expecting to live forever? Your time will come when it will come... or do you think that worying about it will make you last longer?

People place far too much emphasis on life and not enough on living it. What does it help you to be alive if half of you (the entire human population) Barely get by with only a few dollars a day?
We created an environment where death and destruction are a normal routine in our lives but in the other hand we console ourselves with some petty acts of preserving life such as stopping a man who has nothing left in this world from killing himself or filling a terminal cancer patient full of pills untill he doesn't know who he is anymore just to prolongue his suffering for a few more miserable hours - we do these things not for their sake but hang other other people on to life just so that we didn't have to face the pain of loss.

The moral of this story is to stop being afraid. We all know that fear is a powerful deterent from people doing the right thing. If you look at people who stood at "Occupy Wall Street" - these are people who shed their fears, who let go of the worry of being injured, arrested or even killed and found a new courage never before seen in this generation. They are no longer afraid and understand that to simply be alive is not enough - they demand the right to live as well!

And as you pass into 2012, when make your new years wows consider what i have said and shown here. Stop being afraid and take back what has ever been rightfully yours - the right not only to be alive, but to live as well!

And a happy new year from me as well!
posted on December 31st, 2011, 11:24 pm
Myles wrote:nah, the mayans won't get here in time, harold camping's rapture really will come this year. really absolutely seriously for reals.

happy new years to those who already have it (majestic and other aussies)

and soon happy new years to the rest.

Thanks mate and to you, hope you and everyone else have a great new year.  :thumbsup:
posted on January 1st, 2012, 12:35 am
aaaand happy new years from uk.
posted on January 1st, 2012, 1:49 am
happy new year everyone
posted on January 1st, 2012, 11:13 am
Myles wrote:aaaand happy new years from uk.

Ah from my father's homeland.

Happy new year all, lets hope 2012 is better than 2011.  :D
posted on January 1st, 2012, 2:11 pm
Happy new Year for everyone! And don't worry about Mayans they just run out of stone and wanted to scare the hell out of us! The world won't end on 2012 because we are still waiting for the next release of FO 3.3.0!  :lol:
posted on January 1st, 2012, 4:14 pm
JeanLucPicard wrote:Happy new Year for everyone! And don't worry about Mayans they just run out of stone and wanted to scare the hell out of us! The world won't end on 2012 because we are still waiting for the next release of FO 3.3.0!  :lol:

Because god is playing fleetops too and he won't quit playing this game until he beat Myles in a multilayer one on one.  :D
posted on January 1st, 2012, 5:14 pm
[align=center]HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!

:thumbsup:[/align]
posted on January 1st, 2012, 6:11 pm
Last edited by ewm90 on January 1st, 2012, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy new year until December. then its a apocalypse party agin!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon

Until we all die agin.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyivu7cxwJQ&feature=share[/youtube]

Happy new year!
1, 2