Signature image size

Post here comments, questions about the board or the site. Found bugs? What you like, what you don't like.
posted on September 27th, 2011, 5:48 am
Current forum rules allow signatures image(s) to have a total maximum size of 500x200.

I propose that this be modified to 500x100 to allow more screen space for actual posts.
posted on September 27th, 2011, 5:49 am
i 2nd the motion
posted on September 27th, 2011, 11:27 am
the size that is defined in the rules is more a guideline not an expectation an signature image size has to be. some people seem to not understand.
i'd really'd prefer that people choose their image their signature image with a size and look that doesn't make the forum a pain to read. the best would be to remove this too clearly defined rule and we again individually decide if a signature is ok or not.
posted on September 27th, 2011, 2:20 pm
i can see where you're coming at with less sigs yandonman, i use fleetops a lot on my phone, and the sigs do tend to be kinda big and cluttering.

maybe allow people to disable loading sigs via a user setting. that way you can choose whether sigs are visible. it would only work when logged in, but you cant post when not logged in anyway.
posted on September 27th, 2011, 3:22 pm
Last edited by Atlantis on September 27th, 2011, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Myles wrote:maybe allow people to disable loading sigs via a user setting.

Already exists. Look in the "Look and Layout" section of the User CP.
I actually have sigs turned off, as I agree, it can get a bit irritating when the sig is 10 times the size of the post.

You can get rid of avatars too, if you really want the "no frills" look.
posted on September 27th, 2011, 3:48 pm
i have revised the rules now
thanks for your input
posted on September 27th, 2011, 6:58 pm
Atlantis wrote:Already exists. Look in the "Look and Layout" section of the User CP.
I actually have sigs turned off, as I agree, it can get a bit irritating when the sig is 10 times the size of the post.

You can get rid of avatars too, if you really want the "no frills" look.

wow, didnt know about that. that's really handy :D

my own sig can be frustrating sometimes, especially when i accidentally tap on it.
posted on September 27th, 2011, 7:16 pm
Myles wrote:wow, didnt know about that. that's really handy :D

my own sig can be frustrating sometimes, especially when i accidentally tap on it.

But how could you possibly be frustrated by Nyan Cat?!
posted on September 27th, 2011, 8:47 pm
Gorandius1256 wrote:But how could you possibly be frustrated by Nyan Cat?!

well on the bus accidentally triggering it isnt exactly the best thing. most people dont like drawing attention to themself on public transport in london.

or how about in a silent lecture hall when i should be paying attention to the maths but im bored and taking advantage of my uni's strangely good wifi coverage. every few weeks somebody forgets to turn sound off and ends up making noise, or has a cheesy ringtone, its funny, but not when its myself doing it. :sweatdrop:
posted on September 27th, 2011, 8:54 pm
looks like the people who posted in this thread got their sigs chopped down to the new rules, i'd have preferred if i'd just been pm'd that my sig was too big, then i could have made it so it doesnt bunch up on the left.
posted on September 27th, 2011, 9:22 pm
it's nothing personal. i just edited the (now) oversized signatures i saw so far.
i haven't modified the images, i just changed the height parameter where it was necessary
posted on September 27th, 2011, 9:34 pm
i didnt think it was personal, you applied the rule to everyone in this thread. i just think it would have been more polite to just ask me to resize it, since by the time i read the new rule you'd already put my sig on a crash diet.

all in all i think the new sig size is a bit better, sig doesnt get in the way so much, but is still big enough to see my support for ambas sep.
posted on September 28th, 2011, 4:39 pm
thanks again for your input :)
Thread closed