Lots of inactive members

Post here comments, questions about the board or the site. Found bugs? What you like, what you don't like.
posted on July 8th, 2003, 2:04 am
Some people have no, or almost no post on the forums, ( several pages on the post list) There is nothing wrong with that, but eventually, peeps who don't use it will forget. I know this isn't much of a prob yet, but it could become 1. Any ideas on how to find out who doesn't have enough time, and hwo doesn't use it?
NieKnight
posted on July 8th, 2003, 5:18 am
there might be some people who are using the game but say don't go in the fourms but one way is maybe if the don't say anything for two months send them awarning and on the thiris month delete the acount???
posted on July 8th, 2003, 11:57 am
That they are registered shows their interest in FleetOps and to send them warnings of delete their accounts would just be very unfriendly. maybe some of them start posting sometime.

DOCa Cola
NieKnight
posted on July 8th, 2003, 5:14 pm
that is a bit mean but they might just be joining for the sake of joining.
posted on July 8th, 2003, 5:43 pm
in every forum are some users with zero posts, that doesn't mean they come to the forum and that's nothing what disturbs me in any way. i for myself have registered in 1 or 2 forums interested me and didn't start posting for a long time but started some time later when a very interesting thread comes up or i want to say something, when i do that i don't want to register first.

DOCa Cola
NieKnight
posted on July 8th, 2003, 9:28 pm
well yeah but do u have a member limit???
i know some fourms do...
posted on July 9th, 2003, 5:08 am
no, we haven't a member limit
NieKnight
posted on July 9th, 2003, 6:44 am
o ok then i was going to say if u had a memember limit people who might post in the fourm would not be able to as there is no as there no room for new memembers
maxxfish
posted on July 9th, 2003, 4:41 pm
I agree with the DOC, cos warning/deleting inactive users is the best way to make them never come back ...
If you wanna get em posting you have to make posting on the forum interesting for them (like different user levels etc.)
posted on July 9th, 2003, 4:53 pm
yea, thats right, i you haven't noticed yet, when you reach 100 posts, you can enter a custom member title in your control panel :)

DOCa Cola
posted on July 9th, 2003, 4:59 pm
That explains why i didn't see it before
NieKnight
posted on July 9th, 2003, 6:48 pm
lol
NieKnight
posted on July 9th, 2003, 6:59 pm
how many do u need to get four blocks and does it do anything???
posted on July 9th, 2003, 7:20 pm
Sorry i have been away for so long but there has been nuthing of interest that i would past. I agree with doc also you shouldn't give them a warning of deleting there membership it is not friendly. Yes it might make them to add a reply or make up a new thread but it will tell people that they don't like anybody but the people over 10 posts.
posted on July 10th, 2003, 7:03 pm
i also agree