Attachments

Post here comments, questions about the board or the site. Found bugs? What you like, what you don't like.
posted on July 5th, 2010, 9:12 pm
just a lil request that the file size limit for attachments be increased so we can fit more screenies per post. maybe to 10mb, as high quality screenies take up a lot of space.

if space is an issue then i have a second feature request for that:

some background: i prefer uploading files directly to fo.net for a couple reasons:

1) its reliable and the image probably wont get deleted for no reason

2) when the file is attached to the post it appears small at first, and can be clicked to download (which is how i view posted images)

if there is no space on the server for images then i could host the images on imageshack. but when u put an image in a post that isnt an attachment it starts out big, bigger than the thread is. so the image gets cropped and a little scroll bar appears at the bottom, which complicates having multiple images in a post.

i suggest being able to "attach" an image that is not hosted on fo.net so that the thread displays the image as an attachment, but the image is really hosted somewhere else.

another small request is that there be a deattach button, so that i can edit a post and remove some or all attachments. and while i am composing the post if i attach too many pics i can deattach the ones i dont want.
posted on July 6th, 2010, 5:11 am
this may be changed anyway lets just see what the site redo brings us.
posted on July 6th, 2010, 3:59 pm
Dircome wrote:this may be changed anyway lets just see what the site redo brings us.

there's a site redo coming? i didn't know about this.
posted on July 6th, 2010, 9:49 pm
It's been in the works for a while, but seems like there is some time to spare :)