Are GG threads banned ?

Post here comments, questions about the board or the site. Found bugs? What you like, what you don't like.
posted on September 26th, 2011, 12:27 am
Just wondering, cause I had one that vanished after myles/tyler turned it into a flame thread.
posted on September 26th, 2011, 12:44 am
I don't think Myles nitpicking a mistake means it's banned... I don't think pointing to a part of the guide with a little extra info counts as flaming, that's just a little backstory rather than bashing the OP.
posted on September 26th, 2011, 10:09 am
lol that thread got deleted?

i didnt care that he made a mistake, i was annoyed cos he did so with so much over-confidence and sass, when he hadnt even looked it up.

tyler definitely wasnt involved in anything even close to flaming.
posted on September 26th, 2011, 12:33 pm
Yep iv opened 2 threads yesterday and they both got deleted with no message from who ever did it, some sloppy work here recently.
posted on September 26th, 2011, 3:24 pm
Actions are taken if a thread/post is not in line with the forum rules.
posted on September 26th, 2011, 3:27 pm
Myles, it was text-based.  You had no way of knowing if he was full of "over-confidence and sass" or not.  You assumed the worst about him instead of giving him the benefit of the doubt.

This is called flaming, and you were doing it.

Tokra, don't let it bother you.  You could have been a bit nicer talking about the vorcha, but if it was real life and they could see your attitude, the way you said it wouldn't have been a problem.
posted on September 26th, 2011, 4:11 pm
Tryptic wrote:Myles, it was text-based.  You had no way of knowing if he was full of "over-confidence and sass" or not.  You assumed the worst about him instead of giving him the benefit of the doubt.

he was behaving as he's always behaved, he's set a clear precedent even limited by text, usually i just ignore him, but this time it was even more frustrating since he couldnt show the slightest respect by making sure he has his facts right. being wrong on the internet is the worst sin possible.

also i'm not attacking him, i'm attacking the stuff he put in his post, which i say in this case was disrespectful.

there's not really much point to this thread any more, so i'm gonna jump on out now.
posted on September 27th, 2011, 12:58 am
Tryptic wrote:Myles, it was text-based.  You had no way of knowing if he was full of "over-confidence and sass" or not.  You assumed the worst about him instead of giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Tokra, don't let it bother you.  You could have been a bit nicer talking about the vorcha, but if it was real life and they could see your attitude, the way you said it wouldn't have been a problem.

Oh I'm more than used to it, I mean when one tries to get people to simply test a modded file in a thread in the mods section, gets 5 pages of flames, reposts, and gets 4more pages of flames, it kinda sends a crystal message of just how seriously at least some mods take the rules.
posted on September 27th, 2011, 2:22 am
Myles wrote:he was behaving as he's always behaved, he's set a clear precedent even limited by text, usually i just ignore him, but this time it was even more frustrating since he couldnt show the slightest respect by making sure he has his facts right. being wrong on the internet is the worst sin possible.

also i'm not attacking him, i'm attacking the stuff he put in his post, which i say in this case was disrespectful.

there's not really much point to this thread any more, so i'm gonna jump on out now.

That is true about setting a precedent, however Tok'ra also went quiet for several months and has been significantly less annoying since he came back.

Myles, you have also set a clear precedent for being cruel and vindictive toward other posters, but since you are better at covering your tracks, you never get an organized response from the community like Tok'ra did.  You were NOT attacking his post, you were attacking his character directly and it would not be unfair for you to apologize.

With this, I've also said my peace.  It's time to put this business behind us.
posted on September 27th, 2011, 2:55 am
Please keep the personal comments to the PM system.

If you have questions concerning the forum rules and specific comments about behavior on the forum you can always send a PM to me or another moderator.

I think that this thread has served its usefulness, and therefore it is locked.