Winter Tournament Opening Round!

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
1, 2
posted on January 2nd, 2018, 8:44 am
Last edited by ray320 on January 12th, 2018, 7:58 am, edited 8 times in total.
Hello and welcome everyone, to the opening round of the Winter 2018 tournament! I am assisting tournament coordinator FunnyStuff with the tournament, and I will be overseeing the first round of play, which has now officially started! Please read the following for information on the tournament.

Tournament Rules and Info
-Attached to this post is the bracket for the first round. Currently there are 23 players signed up for the tournament (there is one spot still open for someone who wants it, message me ASAP). The first round will consist of a group stage with a double elimination round robin format. The first round will last at least until 01/24/2018 but may be shortened or lengthen as needed, to help expedite the tournament please complete your games ASAP. Players have been divided up randomely into 6 groups of 4 players each (and currently the 6th group is 3 players). Players will play two games with each player in their group. The top two players, based on wins, will advance to the round of 16. The third-ranked player will play for wildcard positions. "Ties" in groups will be broken by single elimination games as needed.

-For the first round players map play whatever race they wish.

-Players will play each of their opponents twice, the player will select 1 map to play on and their opponent will select one map to play on from this list of maps:
Duel
Duel II
Blue Skies
Early Bird
Convergence

-Each game needs to be observed at least by 1 person with admiral’s logs sent to either this e-mail address: stingray320@hotmail.com or messaged to me via the fleetops website. There will be no rules against spamming and using annoying strategies though honor is appreciated.

-A game is considered "won" when both players agree the game is over as signified by "GG" etc... Hiding ships in unwinnable situations to prolong a game is highly frowned upon. In such situations, discretion is left to the observer to "end the game" by leaving declaring the advantaged player the winner.

-A rematch will trigger should a game crash/disconnect unless both players and the observer mutually agree to a winner. Exploitation of disconnect is prohibited and may result in disqualification.

-Scheduling of games is left up to the players, please communicate with your opponents as soon as possible to set up a time for games.

-Tunngle is the VPN of choice for flops and is most commonly used, however it does not work smoothly for all. As such players should be prepared to use alternate VPN services EvolvHQ and/or Hamachi as necessary to complete scheduled games.

-All communications regarding the first round of the tournament will be posted on the forums and on the Fleetops Discord. Please join the discord (https://discord.gg/A3p744V) to help coordinate matches with opponents, find observers/commentators, and discuss the tournament.

-While not required it is highly encouraged that players make an attempt to have their games recorded by a commentator. Those who are set up to commentate and wish to capture tournament action, are encouraged to post their interest/availability on the forums/discord, and contact me so I can assign them the commentator role in discord. Commentators who are online will appear with the commentator tag on the sidebar in discord so people can identify who to ask to record a game, they can also be summoned by typing @commentator in discord. Personally I will try to record as many games as I can, please mention me on discord or message me and I will try my best to record your game.

-Finally and most importantly, this is a fun and friendly tournament. Please be respectful of your opponents not only during games but also when trying to schedule them, we all have busy lives outside of fleetops. And enjoy the tournament! Post reactions to games, cool strategies, and other thoughts on the forums and discord, lets take this chance to reinvigorate the community. Have fun, and always scout your opponent!

(Edit) Bracket Update:
Bracket reflects most up to date info I have. If you see an error or any missing info, please contact me.

-For bracket
Green Text = Win
Red Text=Loss
Yellow Text=Tie
-For Standings
Green = 1st place
Yellow= 2nd Place
Red= 3rd Place
Purple= Last Place

Attachments

Flops tournamnet round 1 update.JPG
Flops tournamnet round 1 update.JPG (181.19 KiB) Viewed 1097 times
Flops Winter Tournament Round 1.JPG
Flops Winter Tournament Round 1.JPG (165.57 KiB) Viewed 1293 times
posted on January 2nd, 2018, 8:51 am
[Reserved]
posted on January 2nd, 2018, 4:03 pm
Hey guys, Ray is gonna take over for me while I am getting ready for the MCAT which I take on the 20th!
posted on January 2nd, 2018, 5:08 pm
GL Funny

Not that there much luck to it.
posted on January 6th, 2018, 5:19 am
Thanks Mighty! Haha no I definitely need all the luck I can get! :thumbsup:
posted on January 7th, 2018, 7:06 pm
posted on January 9th, 2018, 7:13 pm
It has been a couple days since the bracket was released and neither drrrrrr or megaman have responded to my attempts on discord to arrange the games or have tried to contact me to my knowledge. I just looked and I did not see them introduce themselves on discord under "contestants-introduce.." I am probably going to leave town for a couple days near the end of the month. It would be nice to see them on at all.. just sayin.
posted on January 9th, 2018, 10:08 pm
That was a good match Hart and Nesi. I like the Quaw Duj rush!
posted on January 11th, 2018, 6:45 pm
Hi, sorry but there seems to be a misunderstanding :) I thought the matches were at the last weekend I could not attend. Discord would not work cause the account was not registered...now one is registered.
posted on January 12th, 2018, 7:55 am
Bracket update!
posted on January 14th, 2018, 1:05 am

Attachments

AdmiralsLog_Timothy Chapman_(2018_01_10)_(16_06).txt
Admiral's Log
(15.21 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
posted on January 14th, 2018, 1:18 am
I think the Bracket format got a bit confused. If the player is on the left and it's green, does that mean they won?

I say this because I won both my matches, and Mighty Master won most of his, but our bracket results are the opposite colors.
posted on January 14th, 2018, 1:48 am
Yep, good catch. Ray was tired when he updated the bracket last. It is supposed to be look at your name on left, and then go right to find opponent. So you are right, you and foo fighters colors should be switched. Will fix it tonight.
posted on January 20th, 2018, 6:02 am
Please get your games done! The first round is ending soon!
posted on January 20th, 2018, 6:53 am
No one in my group has responded to private messages.
1, 2