UFPlanets.com Star Trek Community

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
1, 2, 3
posted on June 24th, 2017, 3:27 pm
If anyone is interested, I am hosting a Fleet Ops Event on behalf of UFPlanets

We are using the Classic A2 Mod (ver 1.2d)
posted on July 29th, 2017, 5:04 pm
UFPlanets.com Community

We’re an online community with a passion for Star Trek, sharing the same vision as its creator Gene Roddenberry, that together anything is possible. We’ll stop at nothing to celebrate the greatness that is Star Trek and the ideals it represents.

Starfleet Tactical, formerly known as Starfleet Reserves, supports a wide range of non-STO Star Trek titles, ranging from the intense FPS Star Trek Elite Force, to the intricate real time strategy that is Star Trek Armada, to the time crunching mobile game, Star Trek Timelines.

The goal of Starfleet Tactical is to expand the Star Trek gaming experience for the community, providing an area solely dedicated for playing Star Trek games that aren’t STO, whether they are the classic titles or mobile games, Starfleet Tactical will have it.

Star Trek: Armada 2 The sequel to the best Star Trek RTS game, which allows you to take command of an entire fleet. A Star Trek real-time strategy game with endless hours of fun, including roleplaying, team deathmatch and free-for-all.
posted on August 4th, 2017, 10:27 pm
I tried to join your website as a citizen but got some strange recaptha error 3x and reentered all my info 3x to no avail. I clicked the recaptcha checkbox idk why i didnt like it.
posted on September 2nd, 2017, 12:49 pm
UFPlanets is still doing their Quarterly Roll Call, hosting an event for Classic Star trek Fleet ops.

Let us know if your interested!
posted on November 17th, 2017, 2:15 am
We have about 6 people that play and are looking for more.
Would love to battle with you and your group.

Message me here at Fleetops, or
add me on Steam "FooFighter360" (Steam is the best way to make contact)

I can play weekdays after 6 pm and pretty much every weekend. Central Time USA.
or if you have another messaging program you want to use message me back here.

FooFighter
posted on January 6th, 2018, 3:06 pm
Adster94 wrote:Greetings,

My name is Adster94 and I am the Commanding Officer of the classic Star Trek games division, Starfleet Tactical, within the Star Trek community, UFPlanets.com that was established 14 years ago. We have a large member base of 880 members, of whom most people focus on Star Trek Online but Starfleet Tactical focuses on other Trek titles, namely the original Star Trek game classics, such as Bridge Commander and Armada 2 are our most popular - we even can distribute Elite Force free (so that is obviously played too).

We are always more than happy to accept more people into our community and I would personally love to see some new faces within Tactical, and get more people involved in our events. We just concluded our annual Elite Force tournament and later this year, we will be hosting our first Bridge Commander tournament! With regular Armada 2 events occurring every week, we also focus on popular Star Trek mods, such as Fleet Operations and Star trek: Armada 3 and also provide discussions for Star Trek mobile games, but these aren't our primary focus.

If you do fancy having a look and giving our community a go, come onto our website: https://ufplanets.com/forum.php ; have a look around and send in an application, or even send me a private message! Our website has loads of information about what we do, and hopefully will be easy enough to get around!

Starfleet Tactical in 2018
Adster94 wrote:

Greetings,

There have been some recent changes in Tactical recently, namely the unfortunate departure of Vivi from the Commanding Officer position, but thankfully staying on board to help out with events. This does mean that until another replacement can be found, I will be taking over as the CO. As part of me taking over the position again, I want to try and build up support for Tactical and develop it more as a division.

The most important element to this is the addition of [url="http://store.steampowered.com/app/527100/Star_Trek_Bridge_Crew/"]Star Trek Bridge Crew[/url] to the ranks of games we support. At the moment, the current timetable for events are weekly on Friday evenings, this will change dependent on the demand. However, our first event on 29th December was a big success with two fully crewed ships being played. The next event is this Friday at 20:00UFP, so if you own the game please do come along. The game itself is now no longer requiring VR, hence the sudden jump in interest and also is 50% off on Steam - do hit it up if you want to be on the bridge of a starship yourself!

The return of Frag Night! I am wanting to bring back the classic Elite Force event, on a monthly basis as opposed to the old weekly basis. Considering this game is free to all UFP members, and has always been popular, we would like to promote extra gaming through this platform. As part of the 2018 general plans we want to make sure that the classic games are given regular attention, making sure that it is available for those who are interested. The schedule for these events will be posted soon - after it has been properly set in stone.

Similarly, there will be a schedule of the tournaments we will be hosting over the course of the year, to make sure that you all have plenty of time to get yourself ready, or even grab a copy of the game and join in. The general idea at the moment is to have the follow tournaments throughout the year: Elite Force, Bridge Commander and Armada 2.

Alongside the return of Frag Night, I am also wanting to start up a monthly Trek classic game night. Where we will meet monthly, to play some classic games, maybe focusing on just one or doing multiple different games spanning Tactical’s array of classic titles. Part of this addition will be to check over the current installation guides on the forums, to make sure that on the current version of Windows 10, they still work hassle free.

I am also currently looking for a new CO, so if you are interesting in volunteering for the position, feel free to head over to the Volunteer Positions forums to find the advert along with instructions on how to proceed.

I look forward to the year ahead and hopefully will be Tactical’s best year yet! See you out there!
posted on January 6th, 2018, 3:07 pm
Plus I am hosting an Armada II Event TODAY!
posted on January 20th, 2018, 4:54 pm
New Fleets Ops Event in 2 weeks! Hope to see someone me of you there! (Don’t forget to RSVP)
posted on February 3rd, 2018, 2:45 pm
Hi,

I registered on the homepage and signed up for the event, which TS Server are you guys going to use?

Best Regards
MMartok
posted on February 3rd, 2018, 4:29 pm
I would guess there own i'm in it now but they really should use the fleet ops one as where the fleet ops player look for people well there and discrod
posted on February 3rd, 2018, 4:32 pm
On a side note you also told people to join STARFLEET TACTICAL channel in your ts anyone new that come to your TS can not move to that channel well i can't
posted on February 3rd, 2018, 4:49 pm
Well I cant join any channels either, I will stick with the fleetops TS.
posted on February 4th, 2018, 4:05 am
Had a great turnout either way!
Sadly it was my last official event I was hosting unless it changes.

Doesn’t mean I can’t show up for other Fleet Ops Events

- JC
posted on February 5th, 2018, 1:01 am
I wanted to let you guys know, we have a discord chat channel for Tactical. We plan to use it for future SFT Events such as FleetOps:
UFP Discord (Starfleet Tactical)
https://discord.gg/7f8zwkR
posted on February 5th, 2018, 4:41 pm
Can we not just stick with 1 discord and 1 TS?

I really dont see the benefit of using 2 discords, 2 TS and this Forum, it just makes it soooo much more complicated for
people to actually get the information about events....
1, 2, 3