Tournament

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
posted on April 29th, 2005, 3:31 pm
Hmm, i'm thinking about starting a tournament but I want your opinion first.

The tournament I'm thinking of making would be a simple knock out torunament. The battles would be played One vs One on a random map. You know the kind, it's the type used in most sports. I will make a lottery with the names of everyone that enters and pair them of. The winner moves on and the looser would be eliminated. The image in this post show how things would go, but it is just something I threw together in a minute.

But anyway, what would you think? One rule would be that the race you choose for your first battle is the race you would have to use through the entire tournament.

Attachments

Tournament.PNG
Tournament.PNG (10.89 KiB) Viewed 306 times
Tournament.PNG
Tournament.PNG (10.89 KiB) Viewed 306 times
posted on April 29th, 2005, 5:32 pm
good idea, but i prefer 2vs2 or even 3player-FFA
posted on April 29th, 2005, 5:42 pm
Some people prefer that yes, but since there was already a tournament with 2 vs 2 I though this sounded better for the moment. And it's better on the people that can't find team mates ^^
posted on April 29th, 2005, 6:04 pm
Last edited by hypercube on April 29th, 2005, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
well that's true, but if you consider that there's a clan, and some people in the clan(or otherwise) want to play together, and know every tactic that their teammate has to offer, it is better to play 2vs2, and there's also many more espects to the game, like trading, helping eachother out, trading ships, one builds defences other ships and so on and so on, but i don't mind 1vs1 don't get me wrong
posted on April 29th, 2005, 6:53 pm
I have nothing against that, but I wont enter any new tournament untill v3 comes out :)