The Return!

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
posted on September 3rd, 2013, 4:11 am
So, as a very small number of you already know, I joined the Air Force almost 9 months ago. While I've never been particularly active, this caused me to go offline almost the entire time I was in basic training and AF tech school. Finally I decided to use all my saved up leave at once and take a 3 week vacation with my family and friends, without my desktop computer.

Now that that's over, I will finally, FINALLY have a room of my own, a good computer, and hopefully an internet connection that isn't complete crap. I want to start playing games and recording commentaries as much as possible, and I have several map ideas I want to implement and test as well. If people are particularly interested, we can pick a specific time of the week and hopefully get a group going so we don't have to spend as much time sitting around waiting for games.

I look forward to seeing you guys out there, and filling outer space with some new scrap metal :thumbsup:
posted on September 3rd, 2013, 7:29 am
Welcome back man! and thank you for your service! My father actually just retired from the AF pretty recently. :)
posted on September 3rd, 2013, 9:29 am
Hey, welcome back to the forums! :thumbsup:
posted on September 3rd, 2013, 8:54 pm
welcome back, what are you aiming for in the air force? pilot, maintenance, operative of some sort?
posted on September 4th, 2013, 3:29 am
Welcome back, Tryptic! And best wishes for your Air Force career!
posted on September 5th, 2013, 1:05 pm
I'm Cyber Transport, which is basically the name for all things networking. I haven't been assigned a job yet, but it'll be either internet or phone administration. It's a pretty sweet job and I've learned a ton already, but I'm still planning to get out after my 4 year enlistment is up. I should have no problem getting a job in the civilian world at that point.

It also will give me a lot more free time than I had in college, at least when I'm not deployed. That's why I want to get back into Fleet Ops, and I'm also developing a tabletop game with a friend that we're hoping to put on Kickstarter next summer. Since it's almost entirely paper-based we should have no trouble producing it, hopefully it'll sell and bring in some income; my friend needs it a lot more than I do.

So it may not happen right away, but I'm ready to sort of slide into game development as a hobby while still supporting myself, and see where things go :D