Talking about a battle...

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
posted on May 31st, 2003, 12:38 pm
DOCa Cola talk on
Sorry for using your post, buts the first one beginning another discussion :D
Ok, i splitted the topic from the screenshots thread cause this got a bit too off topic, all goes about this shot
DOCa Cola talk off

Great shot. But in my mind, that should never happen in the Star Trek universe! It is a too accurate example of the disposal ship/tank rush mentality.

A strategic decision should be one or two big ships or dozens of small ships. Not, building dozens of the biggest ships.
posted on May 31st, 2003, 12:51 pm
A strategic decision should be one or two big ships or dozens of small ships. Not, building dozens of the biggest ships.

The problem is, that that cannot be reached with armada as base. there are too small posibilities to control each ship individual.

DOCa Cola
posted on June 4th, 2003, 8:01 pm
Actually, that WASN'T really a rush. It took a long time to get to that point. And it's a large ammount of ships because I like my overkill being a Texan and I belive quite firmly in the old adage "Better too much than too little".
posted on June 6th, 2003, 3:28 am
Actually, that WASN'T really a rush. It took a long time to get to that point. And it's a large ammount of ships because I like my overkill being a Texan and I belive quite firmly in the old adage "Better too much than too little".

Amen to that :D . See being a Texan isn't that bad :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
posted on June 6th, 2003, 12:23 pm
with NPC races (as i call the non player races.. i'm a oldschool rpg guy :) ) defending the expansions - and an far more aggressive AI - the number of ships you usualy have is much smaller.. in the test game Detektor and I have done yesterday (midway, the two of us against to Ai players, no npc races yet..) we made the final push with 3 teams of vessels.. small groups of 3-8 vessels were mist common
of course if you play on a 6 player map with 2 opponents you will find much more rsources so you will build up a much larger fleet, but the NPC races and the new AI should realy give you something to rip your ships off :)
posted on June 6th, 2003, 1:18 pm
So your saying, your maps will have built in Non Playable races to check the expansion of the players? Cool. What kind of races? Tholians or somethin? Cardassians maybe?

OH, and if I psh psh on the AI, don't mind me, I've yet to find an AI (cept for the Nightmare AI from Conquest Frontier Wars) taht I couln't crush with ease. And certainly no Armada AI. But that's why I don't play against the AI.
posted on June 6th, 2003, 1:24 pm
Breen, Cardassians, Tholians, Gorn, Malon, Crystal Entity.. all to be a non player race :-)
posted on June 8th, 2003, 2:26 pm
What about Kazon? they're really cool, i think.
posted on June 8th, 2003, 4:13 pm
yep yep.. this are only a few examples :)
posted on June 9th, 2003, 1:03 am

But not when you're attacking a base. Small ships are too weak to take on an Outpost guarded with Defense Turrets, unless you have A LOT of them. Besides, there were Spheres there and Assimilators.
posted on June 9th, 2003, 8:52 am
Thread splitted
NieKnight
posted on July 5th, 2003, 2:09 pm
when you go into a mutli player over the net can u have different types a games or
eg: co op
unholy allience (where u have all co ships)
meat grinder (where u only have certain types of untis eg just scout or just battle ships ect)???
posted on July 7th, 2003, 10:36 pm
co-op?, Hmm that would be fun, multiple peeps, one per fleet,and one who commanded all the others, that would be a nice clan game.
NieKnight
posted on August 13th, 2003, 10:28 am
hummm
posted on August 13th, 2003, 1:11 pm
hey, wheres the tournament op coming from?