Some thoughts about team games

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
posted on July 8th, 2010, 7:50 pm
Last edited by Elim on July 8th, 2010, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I had some interesting team games today ( about 7 games 2v2s and some 3v3), and I must suggest to everybody, if you are doing some funny experiments ( early cube(yeah, i know thats an oxymoron), dreadnought, mixed definat, mirandas etc, put here anything that stopps you to being effective in the early game) You need to say it to your ally, please!  :lol:   (I must admit that I lost only 1 game all of it)

For example: Sorry Elim, you must stand alone (and be awesome  :lol: ) coz i want to have some fun with my cubes....

You can shout me down, that I must to watch what my ally does in his base (I do it mostly when it's about to be attacked), but I don't always have lot of time for it particularly in a 3v3. So it's ok to do some experiments but, tell me it when the game starts, please.

Thanks!  :thumbsup:
posted on July 8th, 2010, 8:22 pm
In general it would be very smart to discuss strategies before the game starts or at least before the first major encounter.
So everyone can adjust their strategies according to what their teammates are up to. So if someone wants to tech up straight to SFC it would be good if a second Fed in the team wouldn't do the same and so on...

Communication is everything. Otherwise hopefully everyone on the team agrees that we play for fun and not only for victory  :D
posted on July 8th, 2010, 9:27 pm
Elim that was me right :(, I forget who I was with
posted on July 8th, 2010, 9:34 pm
Last edited by Elim on July 8th, 2010, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drrrrr and Alt has done the same thing in other games, that was the reason for my post. :D (its not offensive lol just hoping for some better communication)
posted on July 8th, 2010, 9:39 pm
ok no offence taken
posted on July 8th, 2010, 9:42 pm
hahah well I think, Elim, that you do bring up a good point about communication.

A number of us have stressed that communication is maybe THE most important thing you can do in game besides actually BUILDING ships :D.  If you're gonna tech or rush to something, it's best to let your allies know so that they can adjust their playstyle accordingly.

And you should never get mad at your teammates for not knowing that YOU are going to rush a cube or a dread or battleships or something.  YOU need to communicate it :D.
posted on July 9th, 2010, 7:10 am
Yea I will tell you next time...just felt like, going in in early and mid-game would unbalance things...at least since I saw a Breen Avatar and a Mixed Tech Fed :P
Thats the reason for going Early Cubes...
posted on July 9th, 2010, 9:36 am
Some more advice (by the yesterday's experience)  for other mid-skilled players like me: don't play games afeter 3 beers with veterans, and start argue about it: They will crush you!  :lol: :lol: :lol:
posted on July 9th, 2010, 1:56 pm
Elim wrote:. . .don't play games afeter 3 beers. . .

But by #4 you're good to go.  If not, we wouldn't see those rare strategies that make us say things like "What the hell!  We're Allies!  Stop Force-Firing At My Miners!" 

Cheers,

Attachments

scottie-scotch.jpg
posted on July 9th, 2010, 2:01 pm
wow i didnt know i was a veteran. SWEET!!!
posted on July 9th, 2010, 2:36 pm
Elim wrote: don't play games after 3 beers with veterans,

Who really drinks while playing fleet ops? To me it is only a way how to let N00Bs like me pwn the big guys. I mean... this could be happening.

#This is a Dramatization for chat via Team Speak, this does not represent the actual persons in any way and should not be considered fact because of it being pure dramatization
Dominus: Hey, Mal. You there? 1337 Is taking out that expansion of yours...
Dominus: Mal?
Dominus: Mal?
*Expansion gets destroyed*
Dominus: Mal? Wake UP!
Mal: Whot?
*Dominus Smells alcohol through the speakers...
Dominus: D***, have you been drinking again? >:(
Mal: Oh, tasty Whiskey..... :P
Dominus: Dude, 1337 is coming to your base with a fleet of 120 ships! Wake up! :fish:
*Mal's base gets destroyed*
Mal: Whot? Game Over? Ehh... I guess I'll take another nap. :yawn:
Dominus:  :hmmm:
1337: Ok, I know Mal, and that was too easy. What happened? ???
Dominus: He was drinking again...  :-[
1337: Oh.... :mellow:
posted on July 9th, 2010, 5:57 pm
Professor J wrote:things like "What the hell!  We're Allies!  Stop Force-Firing At My Miners!" 

i've done that sober :P

once i took out a cube my ally was building. we were already winning and he was building a cube so i blew it up for funsies lol. he dc then :(
posted on July 10th, 2010, 12:49 am
YEAH WHO DRINKS WHEN THEY PLAY FLEET OPERA.....

:innocent:    :innocent:    :innocent:
posted on July 10th, 2010, 2:05 am
Yeah it's alot better o talk about stray early on so it's not just one person commanding