New Treky online

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
posted on August 9th, 2012, 10:25 am
Hey Guys

just wanted to say hi to all, been wanting a new challenge in online Gaming as i dont like BF3 anymore, was wondering if anyone plays this online anymore, only slight problem is "how" ?? either through gamespy or hosting,

just to clarify with everyone i have updated to the fleet ops 3.2.6 full on this website do i need to apply the patch as well because it is saying it is harmful??

if anyone like to play i would like to be apart of it,

hope to hear from you and happy gaming :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Plymouth25
posted on August 9th, 2012, 10:36 am
welcome

3.2.6 is the lastest version. the correct install is 3.2.3, then 3.2.6

that's all. i don't know about this "patch" you're talking about, but if fleetops says 3.2.6 in the main menu, you're finished.

to play online most people use tunngle. gamespy isn't used any more.

every match must have a host, the host is the player who creates the game.

when you are in tunngle you will need to be in the star trek armada 2 fleet operations room, when you create a game in fleetops, anyone else in the fleetops room will see it, and can join it.

feel free to ask people for more detailed help on the fleetops teamspeak (ts.fleetops.net:9900).
posted on August 9th, 2012, 10:47 am
Awesome and thank you for making me welcome,

lol i got them the wrong way round, but i have done that process of 3.2.3 and then 3.2.6, i just loaded the game and i hope i am not being a noob but i thought the game has

Feds
Borg
Klingons
Roms
Dim

i have feds, borg, klingons, roms, cards and spec8472.... ? or do i need to complete the game to open these up. more races.

anyhow i will open up the game and host just to make sure everything is okay. feel free to join if you like, i will try TS link and get that working.

Plymouth25 :thumbsup:
posted on August 9th, 2012, 10:59 am
sorry to break it to you, but you're opening stock armada 2. :blush:

fleetops doesn't have 8472.

fleetops is a separate program, it has its own files and settings. you don't even need stock a2 installed (all you need is the disc).

when you install fleetops, look for a new, fleetops specific, shortcut on your desktop (or for vista/7 there should be one in your games folder in the start menu). use that shortcut. when the game is launched there'll be no question it's fleetops (it will say fleet ops in the game).

you can uninstall stock armada 2 if you don't want to play it any more. once fleetops is installed, you only need the CD.
posted on August 9th, 2012, 11:24 am
lmao awesome, i was under the impression it was an expansion pack for Armada 2, anyhow got tunngie up, going to see what else needs doing... ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh more registrations upon registrations shesh..

i see what you mean though they are totally different, should be awesome to play.

well it works lol i have hosted successfully without a hitch, took a while getting used to logging into everything. lol

awesome
posted on August 9th, 2012, 11:42 am
fleetops can't really be described as an "expansion pack" in the traditional style. also fleetops has no single player campaign, only instant action skirmish (like in stock).

tunngle should be the only account you need to play. teamspeak doesn't require an account per se, an identity will be automatically created by you when you connect.

when you say "hosted without a hitch", I'm presuming you just mean "opened a game". sadly you can open a game even if you turn off your internet and have your computer alone at the north pole. just opening a game doesn't guarantee everything is working.

hopefully you have tunngle working fine without needing to fiddle with your network settings. the litmus test will be if you can actually play a game with people. if not, then you've unlocked the most fun minigame of playing online via tunngle: getting tunngle working properly. :D
posted on August 9th, 2012, 5:32 pm
Hey!

We're always looking for new players, and as long as you are not bothered by being referred to as "noob" on occasion or assigned to another team for "balancing reasons" you're going to be fine :-)
Everyone started out one day, and those you will most likely find online at any given point have likely been playing regulary for months of not years, but in general its a nice, small community.

Having/being on TeamSpeak helps for getting games going as well as communicating with your allies ingame as you will surely know from BF. Most people are not constantly online in Tunngle but idle in TS, waiting for a game. On this page, in the Forum->TeamSpeak Voice Chat section you can see all the members currently online with those highlighted that are in a specific channel designated for those waiting for a game.

Another thing that I recommend to any newcomer is to check out the "Guide"-Section of this page. There are not only in-detail descriptions and stats for each unit but also whole strategies and - most importantly - tips to get started on the game and multiplayer and (commented) game replays that will give you an Idea what basic and advanced gameplay can look like.

It's also true that a more fitting the description for FO would be "Star Trek Armada 3 - Now with actual strategy", so you're in for a fight each game ;-)

Anyway, hope to see you in combat soon!