Last night's battle against butterbread

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
posted on July 25th, 2010, 12:40 pm
Man, it was AWESOME! 2v2, Sgt. Cortez was on my side as Klings, I was feds. Butter was dominion, as was his teammate. I want to throw this out now: I pretty much was the newb of PvP in the group, so I got slaughtered.

I apparently didn't build Starfleet Command fast enough, which cost us in the raiding phase. And, I was always targeted before the K'vorts were. I think it's because I had a Descent. In the first major battle, I took light losses (2 Monsoons and 3 Sabers) in exchange for the Sarge's K'vort squad not taking many losses, and we completely obliterated the enemy expansion thanks to his ships' experience, and my Descent extending my fleets lives  :thumbsup: . I also think I should have built repair ships earlier. It would have really made my life easier, and I think we could have won if I did. But, we really couldn't combat the late game T-15 spam :sweatdrop: .
posted on July 25th, 2010, 2:37 pm
Haha, yeah, that was a nice game, although even more spamusage as usual. Yeah, there was one point where we really got an advantage, butters fleet and expansions were gone and clintsat(I think it was clint) didn't have much, too.
But then they began to build T-15's quick and I couldn't build Vor'chas fast enough, too bad. You know, it was my strategy to sacrifice your Fed ships for my K'Vorts to hit ;). Would have been bad the other way round.
By the way, because of that game I looked up the countertable for Klingons and found out: there is no real counter for T-15! :blink: Although I think Vutpas should do well, right? Long range, battleship and Torp miss. Didn't get that yesterday, though  :whistling:.
posted on July 25th, 2010, 3:30 pm
Last edited by Nebula_Class_Ftw on July 25th, 2010, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sang is another long ranged Klingon unit. B'Rels will do more damage against T15, but they tend to get killed pretty quickly.
In order to counter ablative with a mixed fleet you need to have very few short ranged units and lots of long range (because ablatives only do 10% less to long, but your shorts will do 50% less, so if you hav 20% shorts, 30% mediums, and 50% longs by weapon damage then the enemy will receive 10% less damage and you will take 5% less damage so your mixed fleet is actually at a disadvantage to that spam.)
EDIT:Due to ablative, B'rels will not work against T-15, I forgot B'rels were short range.
posted on July 25th, 2010, 3:41 pm
B'rel will do ~20% less to T-15  ^-^. You'll really just want to rely on medium and long ranged units against T-15 pretty much, and/or have some shorties that have some nice specials. Teching to medium/large sized ships quickly is also wise due to the damage reduction from the strong pulses. If you can force a route of T-15s (aka, make 'em run) you'll have the advantage of course :).

As Feds if you know T-15's are coming, starting out with Intrepids/Monsoons will serve you against the likely Bugs (Intrepids) /Bombers/C-11 (Monsoons) and teching soon to Akiras. Akiras will pummel the T-15's :)
posted on July 25th, 2010, 4:31 pm
HAHA! I knew I should have spammed Monsoons!

I should have rushed Akiras. Of course, :sweatdrop: I didn't think I needed to. You know, we basically won early game combat. :whistling:

White was spamming bugs, but he never really attacked me until we decimated his expansion. Red was spamming breen cruisers and bombers.

I shoulda skipped clean over the Sabers, and went straight for Monsoons. Thanks for the advice on Akiras. I never knew that.

Oh, Marian, did you save the Admiral's log from that match? I didn't :crybaby: .
But, the way that we won early game  left us both at risk for mid game. We should have stayed at Red's base! You hadn't taken casualties yet, my SC was ready, and I had 5 more Akiras, and 2 Excel-IIs!
posted on July 25th, 2010, 4:35 pm
I'm glad you had fun, Megaman! :woot:
posted on July 25th, 2010, 5:22 pm
Aye, nice to see more of the old faces go online :D
posted on July 26th, 2010, 2:42 pm
Megaman3321 wrote:
Oh, Marian, did you save the Admiral's log from that match? I didn't :crybaby: .
But, the way that we won early game  left us both at risk for mid game. We should have stayed at Red's base! You hadn't taken casualties yet, my SC was ready, and I had 5 more Akiras, and 2 Excel-IIs!

Well, we were at reds Base but you lost your fleet there(I was getting casualties) and white was coming  ;). We were too long in range of the SB, we should have continued to his exp, take out all freighters and retreat to do the same with white.
Theoretically  :innocent:.