I had problems with my Tunngle configuration

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
1, 2
posted on June 17th, 2010, 6:30 pm
Last edited by Optec on June 18th, 2010, 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I had to uninstall Tunngle because it disabled my Printer Spooler basically making my computer unable to connect with my printers! It also disabled a few other things making other parts of Windows be a bit unstable. I am not sure how many of you have printers. But it is likely other Network spoolers might be disabled from Tunngle clashing with it.

I don't know about you, but I'd be happy to test a new VPN that has not had any histories of clashing with windows services.
posted on June 17th, 2010, 6:45 pm
I don't know about you, but I'd be happy to test a new OS that has not had any histories of being a piece of crap.  :lol:

What edition of Windows were you using? There are three (not including Service Packs) out right now, and I'd bet this is a Win7 compatibility problem, or even the other of the two sucktastic recent windows editions.

Tunngle is still Beta, it's essentially being tested right now by people including you. Don't expect it to be perfected yet (and especially don't expect it and Windows to get along), once it's out of Beta it probably won't do things like this anymore. It's the best VPN we have right now.

For now, I recommend people with network printer spools to hold off on using Tunngle until finding the fix for this (or is the spool alright again after Tunngle is exited?)
posted on June 17th, 2010, 7:16 pm
Nebula_Class_Ftw wrote:What edition of Windows were you using? There are three (not including Service Packs) out right now, and I'd bet this is a Win7 compatibility problem, or even the other of the two sucktastic recent windows editions

Win XP.....
posted on June 17th, 2010, 7:52 pm
FO and Tunngle are one now. Don't believe me? Look at all the adds!
posted on June 17th, 2010, 7:58 pm
also fo gets tunngle integration in next patch, so if u install tunngle you get new GUI components in fo designed just for tunngle. should be AWESOME
posted on June 17th, 2010, 8:10 pm
[EXC] 1337_64M3R wrote:Win XP.....

Well that's a problem, Tunngle really should know how to play nice with a well-established OS. Which Service Pack?
posted on June 17th, 2010, 8:37 pm
i have tunngle on WinXP and so far no problems that i know of :D
posted on June 17th, 2010, 9:20 pm
Gamer, can't you just disable tunngle in device manager when you're not using it? :blush:

I've used it on Vista and Win 7 and has been fine.
posted on June 17th, 2010, 9:29 pm
I've used it on XP, Vista, and Win7 and had no issues (and combined with printers) - not sure what the issue is there  ^-^
posted on June 17th, 2010, 9:32 pm
Nebula_Class_Ftw wrote:Well that's a problem, Tunngle really should know how to play nice with a well-established OS. Which Service Pack?

Windows XP SP3.... :lol: It is supposed to be the best OS so far.
posted on June 17th, 2010, 9:34 pm
Why? Because it is less stable, supports more viruses, and its support will be cut soon?
posted on June 18th, 2010, 3:07 am
Windows 7 is amazing so idk the problem
posted on June 18th, 2010, 4:05 am
Lol Gamer, don't think you can convince us the well is poisoned just so we'll come to your well to drink :woot:.

Keep trying to get Tunngle working, bud!  It's a godsend!
posted on June 18th, 2010, 6:03 am
Try this.
  • Go into the Control Panel, then select "Switch to Classic View" on the side bar.
  • Open "Administrative Tools".
  • Open "Services"
  • Scroll Down to the "Print Spooler".
  • If it says "Started" under the status column and things still aren't working then I'm lost.
  • If it says "Stopped" double click the line for "Print Spooler"; this will open a properties dialog.
  • Make sure that "Automatic" is selected under "Startup Type" on the "General" tab and that the "Local System Account" radio button is selected and that the box below it which says "Allow this service to interact with desktop" is checked on the "Log On" tab.
  • Now go back to the "General Tab" and click the "Start" button.
  • Does it work now? If not, I'm lost again.
posted on June 18th, 2010, 6:25 am
Dominus_Noctis wrote:Why? Because it is less stable, supports more viruses, and its support will be cut soon?

Thats a joke right?
1, 2