Hosting a tournament with cash prizes???

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
posted on March 30th, 2011, 7:45 pm
Hi all, I'm new to this site but enjoy this game very much even though I am practicing against the computer (and getting killed) to learn microing, macroing, etc. I am also watching vids posted by yandonman, clinstat, etc to learn strategies.

I am wondering if I put up $$$ of my own could I host a tournament? This is what some members of the Starcraft community did to make it more competitive. I want to do it so it would be fun and a extra bonus to win.

Thank you!
posted on March 30th, 2011, 7:49 pm
we had one of these before. currently clintsat is running a tourney, so after his is done you could discuss it with him.
posted on March 30th, 2011, 7:54 pm
Myles, how much was the prize in the tournament that you mentioned???

Also the tournament that is currently going on, are replays available or will it all be youtubed???
posted on March 30th, 2011, 8:12 pm
Not all matches will be recorded as there will be quite a few during the course of the entire tourney I believe.

The later ones will most definitely be recorded for the benefit of the whole community though :D.  It's fun to watch matches where the stakes are high :D.
posted on March 30th, 2011, 8:15 pm
mkman wrote:Myles, how much was the prize in the tournament that you mentioned???

Also the tournament that is currently going on, are replays available or will it all be youtubed???

the prize was €10 i think.

i doubt all the matches will be recorded. maybe the later matches like quarters and semis will be recorded, we do have quite a few active replay makers.

all replays that are made go on youtube, there is no other way to make replays other than recording them as video files.
posted on March 31st, 2011, 9:35 am