Host has been lost - First-to-try solution on tunngle

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
posted on June 11th, 2010, 1:12 pm
Last edited by Shril on June 16th, 2010, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you can't join a game because that weird Armada II issue happens to you again then try to use the MANUAL IP funtion in the FO multiplayer menu. Don't forget to copy-paste the LAN IP of the host (strive the host's name).

Background info: Sometimes there is a strange bug on multiplayer that somehow is related to the presence of one player that blocks your attempt to join a game. When this happens those two players are always excluding each other to join a game for some unknown reasons. Looks like there is be a bug in the A2 net code.
posted on June 11th, 2010, 1:33 pm
Isn't this in the wrong subforum? Wouldn't online gaming be easier to find?  :whistling:

I'll make a note of it on the Tunngle page for the guide, since I'm sure this will be buried fast (and 50% of the Tunngle population doesn't visit the forums too...)
posted on June 11th, 2010, 8:30 pm
lol..it is...i confused it and had to leave quickly. 0o
posted on June 11th, 2010, 9:50 pm
S'ok - I put up a note on the guide, although there are other ways of 'solving' this too that don't require so much finagling - namely, having everybody exit, but the person who cannot get in, refreshing Tunngle list, and restarting Tunngle :).
posted on June 11th, 2010, 10:06 pm
all right. i found that really stunning when some days ago i met a guy on tunngle who recommended to me doing that. ive been playing Armada II since 2002 and i didnt think of that! I was blown away... cos it worked. xD
posted on June 11th, 2010, 10:11 pm
Last edited by Dominus_Noctis on June 11th, 2010, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan wrote:all right. i found that really stunning when some days ago i met a guy on tunngle who recommended to me doing that. ive been playing Armada II since 2002 and i didnt think of that! I was blown away... cos it worked. xD

Do you mean it worked when doing the Manual IP? Sadly that does not work for everybody due to the router having to be configured for some people (like myself)  :blush:

EDIT: apparently I was wrong and I will correct - you can do Manual IP through Tunngle without port forwarding :)