Game Recap! Official Awesome Games Thread!

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
posted on May 17th, 2010, 7:11 pm
  I'm sure many will agree that there is need for a thread like this, so go ahead and let out the glory of either old skirmishes or more recent ones! Feel free to post an admiral log, link to youtube, or maybe even some screens!  :woot: I don't know about you, but I have had so many awesome games in my time that I can barely even remember half of them! It would be nice for us to have a place where we can write it down so we never forget these awesome battles!

When posting be sure to include a list of what map, how many players, who was playing, what races they were, BO's, turning points, and whatever you think is necessary.  B)
posted on May 17th, 2010, 8:17 pm
Last edited by Zebh on May 17th, 2010, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I and UnleashMayhem vs Nanobot and Stealth
2x Klingon vs Borg and Federation
Map: Star Traffic

The Imperial News Agency Approved Version

The dawn was beginning dark in one border sector of the Klingon empire, as the sworn enemies of the empire tried foolishly to gain foothold on that area.

Cowardly they attacked a defenseless mining installation of the Empire. They didn't expect the brave defenders who arrived from nearby naval base relentlessly chasing the fleeing cowards.

The path for victory was long and rough. The enemy tried to cause further damage, but each attempt of theirs were valiantly repelled by the bold defenders of Empire. Every fiendish attack was responded with greater force every time, making their fiendish schemes futile.

In their despair they tried to hide in their base behind their walls of death, which ended in their own destruction. The enemy was powerless against the determination of Klingon warriors and brilliancy of our leaders, and the minions of evil were crushed like insects. With iron and manpower we showed them what it is to be an enemy of the Imperial Klingon Empire. The wind does not respect a fool!

Another description

I started at the bottom and built my first expansion to middle moon pair, which attracted first visitors. Neither side took any losses at that point. Very soon we decided to attack enemy mining too and had some success.

The key position was my middle expansion for most of the game. The problems for my team begun when Klingons started to run low on supplies. Borg and Federation made repeatedly attacked with combined troops and managed to slow mining at my expansion. We tried our best to attack their mining operations when we got a chance, while keeping part of the troops defending own expansions. Soon both Borg and Federation begun building quite many turrets around their expansions.

As we got more supplies, we managed to keep them contained most of the time, but we couldn't make any small raids to their mining anymore and allowed them to build ships continuously.

Borg got a cube and some spheres which also made the game much more difficult as they managed to corner us in their mining expansion. We managed to rebuild troops after that and survived the attack by the cube, spheres and Federation fleet.

The main problem for us, the Klingon team, were the supplies, as they were very very expensive. We thought that we couldn't survive long, as our mining ships had to be replaced very frequently which caused quite big pauses in our economies.

Mayhem managed to get 3 BortaS, which changed the tides, as those ships made possible getting past their cloak detection and attacking their mining expansions without moving main fleet. That probably was the key to Klingon victory in the end.

The game itself was probably one of the most equal teams I have played, and lasted very long, over an hour at least I think. Probably the longest game I have played.
posted on May 21st, 2010, 4:18 am
Mr. Timmy, Tear Down This Wall!

Map: The Midway

Federation (Timmy), Borg (sorry forgot your name :() vs Romulan (Funny) and Klingon (Sorry to you as well :'()

In some very distant sector between the Klingon/Romulan Neutral Zones and Borg Space, Admiral Mayson establishes a foothold in unclaimed space. When war breaks out it becomes a matter of survival for starfleet, and their alliance with the Borg has not been successful. With the end near in sight, Mayson devises a plan in order to hold off the Romulan and Klingon strike forces. Quickly, he sends all worker ships to assist in creating a baracade of turrets arround his expansion and orders the collective to supply his construction and offer support with cubes.

Slowly, progress is made and all invader's are successfully kept at bay by the full scale assault of quantum torpedoes. But the Borg are anxious to assimilate. Leaving the safe haven of Federation space, they seek targets of interest to destroy. But trouble is not kept in the dark for long. Lurking in the shadows, a full squadron of Serkas lay waiting, silent, and ready to unleash the storm of torpedoes. Supported by a local quantum singularity, they unleash their barrage undetected. The cubes are gradually brought down and destroyed. As the Federation overcomes with fear, a tacion ping reveals the cloaked ships. A steady strike of torpedoes slaughters the weak artillery in seconds.

The anxious Federation spends months waiting, hiding in fear of what is to come. Finally, a trio of Bortas reveal an ion storm on top of the defense grid. Systems begin to fail! A hole in the detection grid forms just wide enough for a fleet to slip by. Sure enough, several warbirds are caught with their pants down and immediately shot down, but the enemy has stuck through. Seconds later, a fleet of 60 Norexiens, Warbirds, Tavaras, and 50 Negh Vars and Susas declaok at Admiral Mayson's base. Everything is destroyed in seconds. The minners, the shipyards, the storage facilities, the ships, gone! The Federation has been wiped out, but all that remain is the automated defense grid. Being a little too cocky, the Romulans and Klingons decide to engage the torpedo turrets, and are Pwned instantly.

Many have died, the Federation has one at a heavy price, but one vital mistake is sure to put an end to it all. An antimatter leak inside one of the quantum reactors of torpedo turret Alpha 543671 explodes and starts a chain reaction through  all the other defense platforms. In a matter of seconds, the whole defense grid is destroyed.

Klingons and Romulans throughout the quadrant celebrate their victory with Blood Wine and Romulan Ale! The Federation has finaly been defeated!
posted on May 21st, 2010, 4:04 pm
Epic.... that sounds like an insane spam that overclocked the game into your favor. :lol:

Imagine if you were against the dominion, and you sent a fleet of fifty warbirds, only to be intercepted by a dominion fleet with numbers matching the numbers of the fleet in "Sacrifice of angels"? How many was that? I forget.
posted on May 21st, 2010, 11:59 pm
2,000 ships!  :woot:
posted on June 13th, 2010, 5:10 am
I just wanted to put a game recap here, since the file didn't save.  (Sorry, Boggz) :(

Today there was a 3v4.  Boggz (Klingon), Zebh (Dominion), Funnystuff (Feds) Vs. Elim (Klingons), Butterbread (Klingons), Myles (Dominion), Mimesot (Romulans)

On Just a Little Frontier Run.  The Bottom team was the team of 3, team of 4 on top.  This game took almost two hours, which is why I think I lost it.  Past 2 gb, the avi file tends to get corrupted.  Virtual dub then has to go into something called “advanced aggressive recovery mode”, which is a cool title that basically means you’re not screwed yet.  But eventually I think the file size just gets too big for camstudio to handle.  I’m taking steps to make sure this doesn’t happen again, as I’ll stop the video after a time and make a new one while the game continues.

So there are many moons on this map, and so the top team was sending all kinds of ships down to harras the bottom team.  As the top team has a bunch of cloakers, the bottom team had to push hard to stay alive, and seemed like they were holding their own.  Both sides had claimed the middle with shipyards and turrets, and eventually it looked like Boggz’s team was being out produced.  Boggz and funny do some base trading with the top team as they take out a lot of infrastructure, and basically destroy butterbread’s base, although butter still had a very sizeable kvort and kbeajq harassment fleet.
Things got worse as Boggz’s and zebh’s first fleets were eaten in a trap filled with kvorts and Myle’s massive V-13 fleet,  leaving funny with the only viable fleet left. 

The Bottom team fights valiantly, but then end up losing the middle, and a lot of valuable cash.  At this point, I thought it was over.  The top team all had fleets, the bottom team seemed to have none.  For 15 minutes, expansions are massacred.  Something happens though.  Boggz has produced a vorcha fleet out of the blue to counter the kvorts.  Also, Elim accidentally flies his kvort fleet into one of Boggz’s sensor platforms , right infront of this vorcha fleet and basically loses everything. 

Then Boggz takes his vorchas and his kbeajqs (he also had a harassing fleet of susa, but these were mostly destroyed), and starts pushing back up into the top teams space.  Zebh begins to rebuild.  Funny loses most of his ships at this point, and most of his base as well to butters, and I believe mimesot’s attacks.

Funny builds some dominion mixed tech yards and a SFC off in a sneaky side of the map, away from prying eyes, trying to hold on to what he’s got while he makes up some Miranda IIs.  Boggz and zebh end up rebuilding, now that the pressure is back up to the other side of the map.  Boggz ends up amassing veterans and double gold officer vorchas, who become critical powerhouses in several key battles.  At this point, the Vorchas are unstoppable.  It was like Boggz said, “Screw this, I’m not going down without a fight”, and really won the momentum back.

Then unfortunately for the top team, Myles gets disconnected.  Still plenty of ships in the top team, but then Mimesot had to go as well.  Eventually Zebh has a V-13 fleet rebuilt and is supporting boggz as they take out enemy bases.  Funny ends up having a few Miranda 2s, with 1 vet.  So all in all, a great game from all.  It was really a huge turn around, as I was sure the team of 3 were toast.  Kudos to Boggz for really turning the tide.  It was quite a sight. :thumbsup:
posted on June 13th, 2010, 9:40 am
Last edited by Elim on June 13th, 2010, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, it was one of the greatest games I've ever had. I really felt we are winning while I had that k'vort cloud working around. Combined with Myles's battleship fleet it was just deadly. Really shows that they are op at the moment, even in an amateurs hands like me lol. Yeah, it can be countered in a 1v1, but in a team game it's just not fair to spam them. (I will never do that again, and I also made that stupid mistake sending them repair and not seeing what was in the way. It was like Deus ex Machina, or maybe Deus ex Boggz lol :D)

Congrats to the bottom team, and thanks for the game, they did a hell of a job.
posted on June 13th, 2010, 9:59 am
yh boggz vorcha's really stepped it up. my v-13 fleet just collapsed under that strength. then my computer melted  :crybaby: just as i was about to make dreads :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:
posted on June 13th, 2010, 4:54 pm
Those Vorcha really showed their strength :badgrin:.  Because I just never really sent them to repair, at one point I had 2 Vet Vorcha / 1 Vet Vupta / 4 Double-Gold Vorcha / and a number of single gold Vorcha :D.

They was nasties for sure.  ^-^

Game really swang our way though when someone made the mistake of running a cloaked fleet of kvorts through my sensor plat.
posted on June 13th, 2010, 5:21 pm
yeah, that was a mistake, elim did it.

he also never teched up, just built 2 fully expanded field yards. and spammed field yard vessels from all of them. that means he had the res to make vorhcas instead.
posted on June 13th, 2010, 5:30 pm
Last edited by funnystuffpictures on June 13th, 2010, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you Mal! :D

Was really hard for zebh and I to deal with 78 kvorts, and 30 kebejQs, and generex spectures/supports but we managed to pull through thanks to boggz. :D