couple of issues

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
posted on May 5th, 2012, 9:18 pm
ok so i finally decided to try go online, after some trouble shooting i think i got tunngle to work but no games show up, im assuming this is because im not runing 3.2.6
each time i try to update it comes up with..

"an error occurred while trying to replace the existing file;
DeleteFile failed; code 5.
Access is denied.
click retry to try again, ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or abort to cancel."

after ignoring it it let me online but no games..  :(

any help would be greatly appreciated :) thanks
posted on May 5th, 2012, 9:23 pm
you mean when trying to update fleetops that error pops?

uninstall fleetops (go control panel list of programs and push uninstall for fleetops), then redownload the installer for 3.2.3 (to make sure you got a clean file) then right click that file and select run as admin, and install as usual. then do the same with the 3.2.6 patch.

that should give you a clean install, and we can see where to go from there.
posted on May 5th, 2012, 9:33 pm
right, will i loose any maps i made or screenshot when doing this?

and yes it pops up when updating
posted on May 5th, 2012, 9:53 pm
screenshots get put in 'my pictures' so should not be removed by the uninstaller.

any maps that you've added to the game should be in "%appdata%Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operationsbzn"

i doubt the uninstaller removes this (it might give a tickbox option to remove user maps, i'm not sure)

if you wanna be sure, then copy that folder to your desktop before uninstalling.
posted on May 5th, 2012, 10:08 pm
ok so re downloading it now, says its got 30 odd mins left so im not gonna get a game in tonight, probably tomorrow. i didnt seem to find the saved maps so i just copied everything
posted on May 5th, 2012, 10:11 pm
hellodean wrote:ok so re downloading it now, says its got 30 odd mins left so im not gonna get a game in tonight, probably tomorrow. i didnt seem to find the saved maps so i just copied everything

saved maps are here:
"%appdata%Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operationsbzn"

just copy and paste that into the run box (win key+R) and push enter. if it can't find anything there then you don't have any custom maps.

don't copy anything from program files as only the stock maps are stored there.
posted on May 5th, 2012, 10:27 pm
ah cheers yeah that worked,

its got them all still there so its all good  :thumbsup:
posted on May 6th, 2012, 12:04 am
ok so re installed and its updated properly now. (im surprised i thought 3.2.6 had ship names on the saucer sections, guess that in the next big patch)

anyway, still no games listed and tunngle is telling me that "the selected port does not appear to be open" when i test the connection
posted on May 6th, 2012, 9:18 am
PLS come to TS3. A lot of ppl had the sama problem (including me). You will find somebody there who is willing to help.
posted on May 6th, 2012, 10:40 am
well looks like you fixed the updating fleetops issue at least. best of luck with fixing the tunngle issue.