Beginner course

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
posted on August 1st, 2011, 8:54 pm
The Topic says all, a beginner course for all n00bs, like me.
In Team Speak, with some lessons, maybe more than one unit... and, maybe, perhaps, ähm... in German too...  :whistling:´

Someone of the "old gys" have "lust"?  :innocent:

regrads
Stangi
posted on August 1st, 2011, 10:01 pm
I cannot speak German, but I'm certainly up to helping out :) Just give me a buzz  :thumbsup:
posted on August 1st, 2011, 10:46 pm
Last edited by Stangi on August 1st, 2011, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buzz = Summen ?!?!

Okay, I'm off on Friday. In my time, I have time from 20 clock ... ( UTC +1 )  :blush:
posted on August 2nd, 2011, 4:14 am
Try to get teamspeak(.com), and join the official FO server: 91.82.250.133:9900
There are plenty of silly germans around, just poke em.

Meh, wieso immer diese zweisprachigen Topics ^^
Besuch uns einfach auf dem TS3-Server und stups einen von uns an. Oder guck mal fix ne Runde zu und frag uns Deppen wieso wir dieses und jenes tun - half mir jdf. sehr gut am Anfang um die Basics schnell hinzukriegen.
Also keine Scheu :D
posted on August 2nd, 2011, 7:53 am
Yep, ask butterbread, or 23down, or... Sgt. Cortez *hust*. All Germans, all very friendly. Don't know how well your English is, but you can also start by reading the guide The Main Page - The Hitchhiker's Guide to Fleet Operations or watching replays. Before playing online it's wize to get the very basics by fighting the AI.
posted on August 2nd, 2011, 3:59 pm
Yup buzz = just send me a message, private message me/instant message, or find me on Tunngle/Teamspeak :)
posted on August 2nd, 2011, 4:34 pm
I had a few games with some of you last night, once a new player is on a team with some good players they can watch what they do match them. I caught on after 3 or 4 games thanks to Kamk cause he gave me some tips and soon I will assimilate all experienced players  :D
posted on August 2nd, 2011, 4:53 pm
Dominus_Noctis wrote:Yup buzz = just send me a message, private message me/instant message, or find me on Tunngle/Teamspeak :)

Don't listen to him as Dom is never really around so join any game or observe and you will learn the ropes...

Marcus_Suridius wrote:I had a few games with some of you last night, once a new player is on a team with some good players they can watch what they do match them. I caught on after 3 or 4 games thanks to Kamk cause he gave me some tips and soon I will assimilate all experienced players  :D

indeed you did improve last night, quite a few of you did actually :)

Only issue with last was that we only had around 3 experienced players and around 8 noob's so we were stretched a little thin on the training ranks.

Also i implore anyone want to learn or just to have fun to download teamspeak and get online with it so we an speak, even if you can't speak yourself it helps if you can listen so we don't need to type :)
posted on August 2nd, 2011, 5:01 pm
Psh, I guess you've been playing with my doppelganger then  :lol:
posted on August 3rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Dominus_Noctis wrote:Psh, I guess you've been playing with my doppelganger then  :lol:

you mean the guy who shows up for  one game a day and incites things like a cube rush and then looses... i guess so as normal dominus would never do that...
posted on August 3rd, 2011, 2:44 am
Marcus_Suridius wrote:I had a few games with some of you last night, once a new player is on a team with some good players they can watch what they do match them. I caught on after 3 or 4 games thanks to Kamk cause he gave me some tips and soon I will assimilate all experienced players  :D

You did do quite well, i was very impressed with your progress. :thumbsup:

redmanmark86 wrote:you mean the guy who shows up for  one game a day and incites things like a cube rush and then looses... i guess so as normal dominus would never do that...

*uncontrolable laughter* :D
posted on August 3rd, 2011, 11:42 am

Sooner or later you'll be a pain in the ass too, just a matter of time :D

redmanmark86 wrote:you mean the guy who shows up for  one game a day and incites things like a cube rush and then...

... getting counter cube rushed by the newbie team, wahahah!

Basically spectating a few games can give a good insight on what to do, later of course having more experienced / good players in one team than bloody newbies - so everyone can still have a good game while the more advanced people can easily answer newbie questions or can give important hints.

And i agree with Redman, Teamspeak is kinda crucial for this.