Anyone up to play FO 3.2?

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
user123
Topic Starter
posted on June 12th, 2010, 12:49 am
Last edited by DOCa Cola on December 31st, 2010, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey all,  I haven't played Armada 2 FleetOps online w/ someone in ages, so I'l be hangin in the server for a while.  Come on in if you wanna play a game.
posted on June 12th, 2010, 1:29 am
Seems you got on Tunngle ok, but hi anyway :D  :blush:
posted on June 12th, 2010, 2:30 am
I don't think you'll have a problem finding anyone as tunggle has an average of 10 people online at a time :D
posted on July 7th, 2010, 3:40 pm
I would but 1 haw do you get to play online eny way and 2 my 1 installation has been moded. D'Kora Class Marauders for me :D
posted on July 7th, 2010, 3:58 pm
Last edited by Phoenix on July 7th, 2010, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Sprog wrote:I would but firstly; how do you get to play online and, secondly; will it matter that my game installation has been modded? D'Kora Class Marauders ftw :D

You play online by following the instructions on the Hitch Hikers Guide to Fleet Ops website, here:
http://guide.fleetops.net/guide/getting-online

It will matter that you have a modded game. The way to get around that is to install the game in two separate places and have one installation for modding and one "clean" installation, for online play. The only thing you can add to a "clean" installation is custom maps. Any other changes will cause issues.
posted on July 7th, 2010, 4:39 pm
OK thanks
posted on July 7th, 2010, 8:14 pm
No problemo :D. Speaking of custom maps; check out Astrometrics for a conveniently placed collection of custom made maps by myself and members of the community. Oh, and welcome to the forums :woot:
posted on July 7th, 2010, 8:35 pm
Last edited by Lord Sprog on July 7th, 2010, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:D thanks oh and the game frezes when i try to go online when i have folowed the hitchhikers guide for tunngle though i think its the port thing but my pc is on a network
posted on July 7th, 2010, 9:25 pm
It freezes for a few minutes while trying to enter LAN/TCP?
posted on July 7th, 2010, 9:27 pm
Phoenix wrote:Any other changes will cause issues.

actually several changes wont cause issues. deleting or changing sound files (such as the annoying one that repeats for repairs or decoms) wont cause issues.

changing stuff like textures i think is fine too. but gameplay changing things such as odfs will break online compatibility.

Lord Sprog wrote:my pc is on a network

if this is a work network its probably unlikely u will be able to play on tunngle. tunngle requires a port to be forwarded, if your network is not configured to allow that then you have no chance. maybe the network admin could allow it for you.
posted on July 8th, 2010, 7:39 am
oh its just a wierless conection to the modem. :blink: